Responsible for developing and handling aircraft maintenance planning and job card activities.
(Typical duties include the following, although specific duties vary by assignment or contract)
- Act as single point of contact for other departments with regards to project related planning activities.
- Provide technical assistance to Skill Leads and aircraft maintenance technicians.
- Prepare additional relevant documentation for planned maintenance work for assigned layovers following receipt of maintenance documents.
- Identify technical issues and/or work scope changes needed, clarify customer requirements, and present work scope to Operations.
- Assess and implement new/changed customer requests arising after the initial planning package has been given to Operations.
- Interpret Customer and OEM technical documentation and accurately transfer this information onto task cards.
- Cancel, modify and add job cards as required during the maintenance visit.
- Work with the Project Manager(s) to develop project plans.
- Transfer incoming aircraft maintenance items to task cards after gaining customer concurrence.
- Prepare regular State reports with the Project Manager(s).
- Support aircraft maintenance by regularly attending project meetings and actively liaising with the customer and relevant (project) team members.
- Coordinate with the Project Manager(s) for prioritization of critical defects.
- Confirm that additions to the work pack have been transferred into project’s work order.
- Work with quality department to ensure compliance and customer satisfaction.
- Review and actively participate in the identification of systems and procedures that imped performance.
- Take an active role in the implementation of solutions for process improvements within the department and production site(s).
- Work with Operations to ensure KPI adherence.
Knowledge & Skills
- Knowledge of aircraft regulations and systems, documents and engineering drawings to support company projects.
- Promote company values and ethics; be personally responsible, complete work in a timely manner, and perform tasks accurately; maintain a positive attitude and strong work energy; detail oriented and always come prepared; excellent interpersonal and oral and written communication skills; work harmoniously with others to get a job done, respond positively to instructions/procedures, and work well with others; must be able to gather information and use data to determine cause and effect for complex problem solving; must have confidence and the ability to be persuasive and assertive.
Experience & Education
- Knowledge of FAA regulatory requirements, maintenance programs, and relevant maintenance directives.
- Seven (7) years relevant experience within an Aircraft Maintenance Production Environment.
- Ability to think analytically and solve problems efficiently and effectively.
- Ability to construct short-term and long-term plans for execution.
- Knowledge of Aviation Technical Documentation, together with the ability to interpret the information provided to ensure correct work documents are correct.
- Familiarity with resource and material planning.