To apply, CLICK HERE.
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES: Packing of finished fiberglass columns and cap/base.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES: (This list may not include all of the duties assigned)
- Receives and comprehends packing orders and instructions from lead person.
- Determines that all materials needed to complete work are at work-station.
- Assembles packing cartons, pads and lines cartons or crates.
- Visually inspects finished product as it is packed.
- Closes or seals packages with taping devices or staple guns and insure package/carton is labeled properly.
- Transfer and stack completed cartons to pallet or rack.
- Maintains production records as required.
- Works within the guidelines of the Quality Program.
- Follows all company safety rules, policies, and procedures.
- Maintain good housekeeping in work area.
- Perform related work as required.
- Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities: Ability to read and write, add and subtract whole numbers.
- Education: High School or GED
- Experience: On the job training.
ALTERNATIVE TO MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: None
About AFCO Industries:
Founded in 1946, AFCO manufactures a variety of aluminum, plastic and fiberglass products used in home construction and other building projects. Production of fiberglass columns, typically used as exterior features in home construction, will be relocated from its Alabama plant to Alexandria. With this project, the company is adding 93,000 square feet of production and warehouse space to its Alexandria operation.