To apply, CLICK HERE.
GENERALSTATEMENT OF DUTIES: Assist manager inoverseeing overall operation of the materials department.
EXAMPLESOF DUTIES: (This list may notinclude all of the duties assigned)
- Pull orders from specific stock:
a. Ensure accuracy while locating the correct material, correctquantities.
b. Be able to sort product by color, size, andtransportability.
c. Placing material on pallets, in cartons, in bags fortransport within the plant.
- Handling of stock items:
a. Use lift truck to move palletized items.
b. Ensure counts on material entering stock locations.
c. Maintain accuracy while placing product into their specificlocation.
d. Use SAP inventory control software to verify, receive, andadjust inventory levels.
e. Be able to assist in organizing stock throughout the plant.
- Perform cycle counts:
a. Accurately physically count specific items throughout theplant.
b. Produce, work with, and maintain Excel sheets with counts.
c. Enter counts through SAP inventory control software.
- Assist in yearly physical inventory :
a. Pre-count items in their specific location.
b. Assist in counting and entering counts on paperwork.
c. Assist as needed in floor level counting, or otheractivities needed during inventory.
- Lift truck operation:
a. Be certified to operate safely a “sit in” 4500lb capacitylift truck.
b. Preform maintenance checklist on lift daily, alertmaintenance when needed.
- Ensure good housekeeping in work area.
- Report problems or accidents to management immediately.
- Give proper consideration to safety on each job and abides by all company safety rules, policies, and procedure.
- Perform related work as required.
- Backup for other materials roles as needed.
- Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities: Able to add, subtract, multiply, and divide. Use direct readings and fixed gauges. Proficient in SAP, Excel, Word and Outlook
- Education: High School or GED
- Experience: Prior inventory / shipping / receiving / warehouse and data entry experience preferred.
ALTERNATIVETO MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: None
About AFCO Industries:
Founded in 1946, AFCO manufactures a variety of aluminum, plastic and fiberglass products used in home construction and other building projects. Production of fiberglass columns, typically used as exterior features in home construction, will be relocated from its Alabama plant to Alexandria. With this project, the company is adding 93,000 square feet of production and warehouse space to its Alexandria operation.