To apply, CLICK HERE.
Arcosa Marine Products is searching for dedicated team players to train on the job and become Entry Level Fitters. These positions will be located in our Madisonville, LA barge manufacturing plant. No prior fitting experience is needed to apply, we will be offering an onsite course for qualified candidates. This is an opportunity for applicants to work their way into the world of barge manufacturing from the bottom up.
As a Fitter at Arcosa Marine, you’ll lay out, position, align, and fit together fabricated parts of metal according to layouts, work orders, blueprints, schematics, and sketches in preparation for welding. You will also inspect tack-welds completed by the assigned welder, or in some cases their own tack welding work, for conformance to specifications.
Arcosa Marine is a leading U.S. manufacturer of barges that transport dry and liquid cargoes on inland waterways. Arcosa Marine manufactures tank barges that carry petroleum and other refined products, chemicals, fertilizer, ethanol, and other liquid cargoes. Arcosa Marine also manufactures dry cargo barges, including flat-deck and hopper barges that transport a variety of products, such as grain, coal, and aggregates.
What you’ll do:
- Tack Weld
- Measure to specifications
- Read blueprints or other specifications
- May operate overhead crane
- Identify parts for assembly in proper order
- Follow all safety rules and practices
- May be involved in safety committees or initiatives
- Perform other duties as assigned
What you’ll need:
- Minimum of 6 months of related experience is preferred
- Previous experience in an industrial, construction, or manufacturing environment is preferred
- Previous weld experience is a plus
- Ability to layout/align metal materials
- Desire to learn how to read and interpret blueprints
- Ability to perform basic math calculations using fractions; carpentry math is ideal