To apply, CLICK HERE.
Arcosa Marine is searching for a Human Resource Generalist in our Madisonville, LA barge plant.
The HR Generalist will provide customer focused HR programs, services and consultation to enhance individual, team, management and business performance consistent with Arcosa values, philosophies, policies and programs.
• Responsible for providing HR services/support for Arcosa managers.
• Provides training and investigates informal and formal complaints.
• Maintains employee records and ensures accuracy and data privacy/security processes are in place.
• Provides employees and managers a centralized Human Resources service center for first tier questions and inquires spanning benefits programs and human resources policies. Services include: performance management support, assistance in the escalation of employee grievance issues, policy/guideline interpretation, implementation of business events, workforce balancing, new employee orientation, etc.
• Function as an integral member of the plant senior leadership team.
• Complete HR projects within the plant and business unit.
• Answer employee and management questions regarding policies, processes and other HR related matters following prescribed responses
• Implement and maintain departmental procedures, EEO/AA logs and reports and personnel records.
• Enroll employees into programs; process new hire and benefit paperwork.
• Provide general administrative support of daily departmental operations as assigned and training programs or sessions.
• Responsible for new hire orientation and record retention program.
• Process and track information in support of policies and benefits such as Leave of Absences, FMLA, Worker Compensation and other leave issues.
• Oversee the maintenance of personnel files and records in compliance with retention requirement.
• Manage employee retention initiatives.
• May participate in confidential investigations of complex employee relations issues.
• Could prepare and represent organization at unemployment hearings.
• Bachelor’s Degree or the equivalent combination of skill development and work experience are required.
• Five (5) years’ experience working in an HR environment.
• Must be able to maintain a high level confidentiality; maintain accurate and complete records.
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite including Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook.
• Must be familiar with UltiPro.
• Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced work environment and assess priorities required.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills including strong proofreading skills and /or presentation.