To apply for this position Click Here.
ARCOSA Lightweight is searching for a Maintenance Manager for our Erwinville, LA plant. In this role you will support a positive safety culture by directing the activities and staff within a 24/7 aggregate environment that is regulated by MSHA safety standards. As a Maintenance Manager, you will also manage employees in the maintenance and electrical department to support the entire operation
Arcosa Lightweight is a leading producer and distributor in the Western and Southwestern U.S. of lightweight and natural aggregates, including expanded shale and clay, crushed stone, sand and gravel, asphalt rock, and other products.
What you'll do:
• Comply with all company safety rules, procedures, and applicable government regulations.
• Oversee SAFE & MSHA compliant implementation of plant maintenance/electrical procedures.
• Managed activities to include but not limited to the following: parts and components management, purchasing, capital project management, budgeting and oversite of plant preventive and corrective maintenance activities
• Develop employees into leaders by empowering the team to embrace a culture of safety
• Inspire quality craftsmanship while creating plant maintenance procedures and maintaining a professional appearance
• Utilize daily key performance indicators to drive maintenance excellence to strengthen and drive operational performance
• Be a team builder who can communicate expectations to direct reports, and drive the vision down to the lowest level
• Create an atmosphere where waste is not tolerated and the concepts of efficiency and sense of urgency is embraced
• Achieve maintenance goals (proactive and preventative), plan and schedule maintenance, and maintain inventory of materials
• Complete and maintain required paperwork
• Communicate effectively with plant management, maintenance personnel, co-workers, and supervisors
• Adapt departmental plans and priorities to address resource and operational challenges
• Provide technical guidance and manage non-exempt employees and contractors.
• Develop budgets, performance standards, maintenance schedules, and yearly shutdown outage plans.
• Hands-on leadership approach, with strong communication skills.
• Maintain a plant availability above 90%
What you'll need:
• Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent maintenance experience desired
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in manufacturing maintenance (rotary kiln, cooler, crushing and screening operation preferred). Minimum of 3 years prior mining experience required.
• In-depth knowledge of shop mechanics and the mechanical operation of equipment
• Ability to troubleshoot equipment and consult schematics as needed
• Ability to adapt departmental plans and priorities to address resource and operational challenges
• Ability to provide technical guidance and manages non-exempt employees and contractors
• Ability to demonstrate hands-on leadership approach, with strong communication skills
• Prompt, regular and predictable attendance
• The ability to stand, stoop, bend, lift, walk, climb stairs, ladders and catwalks up to 60 feet as required and lift weights up to 60 pounds.
• The ability to work in a varied outdoor environment (cold, hot, dry, dusty, rainy)