To apply, CLICK HERE.
Arcosa Marine is searching for a Human Resource Manager for our Madisonville, LA barge manufacturing plant.
Arcosa Marine is a leading U.S. manufacturer of barges that transport dry and liquid cargoes on inland waterways.
We manufacture tank barges that carry petroleum and other refined products, chemicals, fertilizer, ethanol, and other liquid cargoes. We also manufacture dry cargo barges, including flat-deck and hopper barges that transport a variety of products, such as grain, coal, and aggregates.
The Human Resource Manager will have key responsibilities in all areas of HR disciplines, but not limited to benefits, leadership, compensation, employee relations, organizational and employee development, diversity, payroll, staffing, and safety.
What you'll do:
• Ensure consistent policy and procedure application, including progressive discipline, problem resolution, and workforce diversity to maximize employee satisfaction.
• Address employee relations issues, such as harassment allegations, work complaints, or other employee concerns.
• Administer, interpret and explain human resources policies, procedures, l laws, standards, or regulations.
• Prepare and maintain employment records related to events such as hiring, termination, leaves, transfers, or promotions, using human resources management system.
• Develop and/or implement recruiting strategies to meet current or anticipated staffing needs, including the coordination with outside staffing agencies to secure agency employees based on departmental needs.
• Conduct new employee orientations and process hiring-related paperwork.
• Conduct exit interviews and ensure that necessary employment termination paperwork is completed.
• Ensures timely and consistent entry of salaried and hourly payroll and payroll data into HRIS.
• Helps to develop, implement, maintain and monitor Kronos & Work Day processes.
What you'll need:
• BS/BA degree in Management or related field, or related experience
• 3 -5 years HR Generalist experience in a manufacturing environment.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (i.e. Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
• Must have solid experience in metrics and a general knowledge of principle/practices of HR Management.
• Strong communication, organizational, managerial, platform and analytical skills.
• Willingness to travel when necessary.