To apply, CLICK HERE.
Arcosa Marine Products is searching for a Lead CAD Designer in our Madisonville, LA corporate office.
Arcosa Marine Products, Inc. (AMP) is a leading U.S. manufacturer of barges that transport dry and liquid cargoes on inland waterways.
AMP manufactures tank barges that carry petroleum and other refined products, chemicals, fertilizer, ethanol, and other liquid cargoes.
AMP also manufactures dry cargo barges, including flat-deck and hopper barges that transport a variety of products, such as grain, coal, and
What You'll Do:
- Use 2D drafting and 3D modeling technology to create and review structural packages for barge construction
- Modify existing packages for new use and for creating new packages
- Work with packages that include structural drawings, nest tapes, and shopbill documentation
- Create 2D production drawings of structural/hull in a detail package
- Create 3D model & production drawings of structural/hull in a detail package using ShipConstructor
- Create support documentation for the drawings within the production package
- Work is office-based, using computer drafting technology and software, spreadsheet software, and electronic communication on a daily basis
- Position may periodically require visual inspections at plant site, as well as on barges
What You'll Need:
- Must have a minimum of 8 to 10 years of experience with structural design, AutoCAD, and ShipConstructor (to include modeling,
- assembly creation, and nesting)
- Ability to use MS Word and Excel effectively
- 3 years or more of AutoCAD experience in 3D environment is preferred
- Ability to read & understand marine structural documentation (blueprints)
- Ability to travel, if needed for visual inspections at plant
- 3D Modeling and Ship Constructor experience preferred