To apply, CLICK HERE.
Arcosa Marine is searching for a Senior Welder (FCAW) in our Madisonville, LA barge plant.
Arcosa Marine is a leading U.S. manufacturer of barges that transport dry and liquid cargoes on inland waterways. Arcosa Marine manufactures tank barges that carry petroleum and other refined products, chemicals, fertilizer, ethanol, and other liquid cargoes. Arcosa Marine also manufactures dry cargo barges, including flat-deck and hopper barges that transport a variety of products, such as grain, coal, and aggregates.
Our welders get to see the products they’ve built on waterways across the country. As a Senior Welder, you’ll apply appropriate welding processes to join, surface, fabricate, and repair parts of metal or other weldable materials according layouts, work orders, blueprints, schematics, and sketches using manual, auto welding, and/or semi-automatic welding equipment.
What you’ll do:
- Follow Welding Procedure Specifications (WPS)
- Proficiently perform flat (1F), horizontal (2F), vertical (3F), and overhead (4F) fillet welds
- Proficiently perform flat (1G), horizontal (2G), vertical (3G), and overhead (4G) groove welds
- Inspect you own welds to make sure all Quality requirements are met
- Follow all safety rules and practices
- May be involved in safety committees or initiatives
- Perform other duties as assigned
What you’ll need:
- Minimum of 2 years of FCAW (flux-core weld) experience
- Must demonstrate the ability to satisfactorily pass vertical and overhead groove weld test using FCAW-G
- Ability to understand weld size requirements
- Ability to understand weld quality acceptance criteria
- Must be able to perform welding work while wearing all required personal protective equipment including, but not limited to, a filtering face piece and /or tight fitting respirator