To apply, CLICK HERE.
Requisition ID: 5281
Built on talent, technology, and trust, Grace is a leading global supplier of catalysts and engineered materials. The company’s two industry-leading business segments—Catalysts Technologies and Materials Technologies—provide innovative products, technologies, and services that enhance the products and processes of our customers around the world. Grace employs approximately 3,900 people in over 30 countries.
W. R. Grace is seeking a Human Resources Manager/ Business Partner who will provide HR leadership and manage human resources activities at our Baton Rouge and Norco, LA manufacturing sites. The position will report to the Director, Human Resources for the region. This individual will drive organizational capability within the site to help Grace meet growth and productivity goals. This position will also lead and execute critical HR processes for talent management, development, and succession planning. In addition, the position will have primary responsibility for site based labor and employee relations activities.
- Participates and supports site safety programs and initiatives to ensure “No One Hurt” is a reality.
- Partner with Operations leaders to develop organizational strategies to achieve Grace’s business goals and growth strategies
- Provide leadership, guidance and counsel to leaders on matters related to talent, organizational change, labor and employee relations, engagement and communications.
- Ensure alignment with HR global and regional strategies and drives the implementation of those strategies.
- Align with the HR service delivery model and coordinates regularly with the HR Centers of Excellence to deliver high quality services for employees, with focus on effective payroll, benefits administration, talent management and development practices.
- Promote and deliver on initiatives to drive a positive culture and workforce climate at the site.
- Prepare for and participate in union contract (CBA) negotiations process to achieve a successful agreement that ensures manufacturing continuity and delivers on business objectives.
- Guides and administers grievance administration, working to minimize or resolve at lowest possible level. Prepares for arbitrations and other dispute responses to unions and government agencies.
- Utilizes HR and business systems to administer programs, analyze data and workforce trends.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to develop strong working relationships with all levels in the manufacturing plant.
- Proficiency in anticipating and mitigating conflicts and disputes. Minimize grievance activity and develop solutions to resolve at lowest possible level.
- Demonstrated ability to execute successfully on strategic initiatives as well as tactical tasks.
- Strong professional maturity / judgment and accustomed to dealing with confidential situations.
- Ability to generate creative and practical solutions to issues.
- Strong customer and results orientation.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and lead changes at the site in alignment with business partners.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully manage multiple projects from conception to completion in a fast-paced, team environment.
- Ability to work effectively across teams, departments and businesses.
- B.S. in HR Management, Business, Psychology, or related field
- 7+ years’ experience demonstrating increasing levels of responsibility as a human resources generalist/ business partner.
- Experience in a unionized manufacturing environment.
- Experience with driving employee engagement and positive employee relations with all levels of employees.
- Experience using HR systems (SuccessFactors, preferred) and processes.
Grace is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Grace via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Grace. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Grace as a result of the referral or through other means.
EOE Statement: W. R. Grace & Co. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other legally protected status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation.