To apply, CLICK HERE.
Requisition ID: 6253
Built on talent, technology, and trust, Grace is a leading global supplier of catalysts and engineered materials. The company’s two industry-leading business segments—Catalysts Technologies and Materials Technologies—provide innovative products, technologies, and services that enhance the products and processes of our customers around the world. Grace employs approximately 3,900 people in over 30 countries.
We’re hiring a Grace Manufacturing Systems (GMS) Productivity Leader for our Specialty Catalyst (SC business), who will report to Senior Director Integrate Supply Chain (ISC) & SC. This role will focus on implementing GMS across all manufacturing domestic and international locations. You will establish a GMS Steering committee and develop action plans to implement GMS programs across Grace and provide input and feedback into the deployment roadmap and break down barriers to accelerate implementation. Responsibilities include:
- GMS Deployment Safety, Quality, Delivery, Inventory, Productivity (SQDIP); establish and deliver common training and tools, leverage all Grace-wide GMS resources in broad deployment across the organization. Standardize metrics across the organization that drives positive behaviors and financial reporting of key variables within a site to improve profitability.
- Develop and lead deployment of ISC initiatives as needed; OEE Deployment
- Assess site/business performance to identify key drivers to improve, select and develop tools to drive improvement, and manage a small team to mentor deployment at sites to drive specific focus points of improvement as needed.
- Work with external consultant and/or internal partners, to develop a framework to assess and document baseline state for the following elements:
- Site organizational structures
- Roles and responsibilities
- Key performance indicators (KPIs)
- Meeting structures – daily, weekly, monthly, at appropriate organizational levels
- Work process efficiency
- Complete gap analysis for baseline state and develop a plan to implement the elements of GMS.
- Work with ISC and Site Leadership to assess/plan improvements to ongoing GMS Deployment
- Develop, refine, and maintain a playbook to document the elements of GMS to be used for implementation as well as for sustaining the processes.
- Strong knowledge of manufacturing management processes in a chemical manufacturing environment
- Experience as a leader of change, with ability to influence and gain support from operator/craft level to executive leadership
- Effective critical thinking skills
- Ability to deliver training
- Strong coaching and mentoring experience
- Srong facilitative skills along with ability to lead projects with multiple stakeholders and align objectives in order to meet project milestones and ability to drive results
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills
- Strong business acumen and contribute to annual goals and objectives
- Ability to travel 50% - 75% both domestic and international
- MS office suite; SAP
- BS or MS in Engineering, Chemical Engineering highly preferred and MBA preferred
- 15-20 years of operations management experience in a chemical manufacturing environment to include 10 years in a leadership role
Grace is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Grace via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Grace. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Grace as a result of the referral or through other means.
EOE Statement: W. R. Grace & Co. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other legally protected status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation.