To apply, CLICK HERE.
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Boeing Defense Space and Security is looking for mid-level, pro-active, dedicated Configuration Management & Product Integration Engineer. The position will be located primarily in New Orleans, LA.
- Collaborates with teams in the development, analysis, management and compliance verification of process and product baselines of complex products.
- Defines, plans, coordinates and conducts product and subsystem level technical design reviews and audits for new and derivative products.
- Analyzes complex product trades and/or changes and develops technically complete change proposals.
- Contributes to the development and implementation of Configuration and Data Management standards, processes and tools.
- Defines and allocates Configuration and Data Management requirements for product hardware, software and engineering design data systems throughout the product lifecycle.
- Coordinates the integration of product elements and analyzes & resolves issues with engineering product structure.
- Develops, integrates and implements engineering technical program plans including impacts, risks and incorporation of lessons learned spanning multiple engineering functions.
- Works under general direction.
The position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
This position requires the ability to obtain access to a National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) facility. Access to the facility requires a background investigation by U.S. Government authorities.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills / Experience):
- Bachelor’s degree or higher.
- 3 or more years of experience in Engineering Lifecycle Management/Engineering Design/Engineering Bill Of Materials.
- 3 or more years reviewing/understanding Engineering Changes and Engineering Bill Of Materials.
- Able to Travel 25%.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills / Experience):
- Experience writing Processes and Procedures.
- Experience with NASA Programs.
- Functional/Physical Configuration Audit or Acceptance Review experience.
Typical Education and Experience:
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 5 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD, Master+3 years' related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
This position is located in a location that does not offer relocation. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.