To apply, CLICK HERE.
Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the sea bed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
The Boeing Company is recruiting for a Numerical Control Programmer for our Space Launch Systems located in New Orleans, LA.
- Participates with Integrated Product Teams (IPTs) and core function to integrate technical numerical control solutions across multiple organizations.
- Develops, identifies and implements numerical programming for NC machining and robotic applications.
- Develops and implements manufacturing plans related to NC programming.
- Conducts producibility and variation analyses to ensure that manufacturing process capability matches requirements.
- Assists in providing producibility information for inclusion in project plans and helps document numerical programming best practices.
- Analyzes design/build concepts to evaluate producible numerical control/build definitions.
- Resolves technical problems of significant impact to performance, cost or schedule.
- Coordinates and implements new engineering principles, theories, advanced technologies and concepts.
- Validates and ensures production readiness of solutions to complex problems. Implements lean principles and technologies.
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
This is a safety-sensitive position and is subject to NASA (DOT) random drug and alcohol testing.
This position requires the ability to obtain a clearance for access to a National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) facility.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree required from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience is required.
- Knowledge in CAD/CAM software applications for build plan sequencing.
- Knowledge with electrical/mechanical manufacturing process and assembly sequencing
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- ABET accreditation degree preferred.
- Experience with design engineering processes and effects to manufacturing
- Knowledge in Computer Added Manufacturing Processes
- Ability to work shipside with manufacturing support and manufacturing build team
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility.
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced education (e.g. Associate) and typically 6 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience (e.g. Bachelor+4 years' related work experience, 8 years' related work experience, etc.).
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
No, this is not an export control position
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.