To apply, CLICK HERE.
CGI is seeking an experienced Java Developer for our location in beautiful Lafayette, LA. This is an exciting full-time opportunity to work in a fast-paced team environment supporting clients throughout the country.
Looking for career advancement?
CGI offers more than a job. We offer limitless opportunities to make a difference for the clients and communities we serve. Come join committed, skilled and passionate people just like you! We are one of the few end-to-end consulting firms with the scale, reach, capabilities and commitment to meet clients’ enterprise digital transformation needs. Our 77,500 consultants and professionals work side-by-side with clients in 10 industries across more than 400 locations worldwide.
We offer a competitive compensation package where you will be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our benefits package includes multiple medical, dental, & vision options, both a Shared Purchase Plan (SPP) for CGI stocks and a 401(k) plan, PTO, ,as well as, numerous other life style benefits. CGI also provides unlimited sick leave!
Your future duties and responsibilities
• Responsible to develop and support Internet/Intranet applications, with responsibilities in analysis, OO design, coding, testing, documenting, production implementation, and maintenance of those applications.
• Responsible for database design and system testing.
• Helps build the in-house products and create deployment routines to configure software for multiple environments.
• Keeps abreast of in house and 3rd party products.
• Ensures that both functional & non-functional usability requirements are met.
• Provides after hour support for code deployments, changes and general support.
• Contributes design considerations for new products or architectural changes to existing products. Build relationships with cross functional teams.
• Recognize inter-dependencies and relationships that foster value creation across our business, and across the enterprise. Other duties as assigned.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• 3-8 years of experience in development working in a Java environment.
• Ability to work in an AGILE environment and work well with others. Some work may be also be performed using other methodologies such as waterfall and spiral.
• Create design documents that satisfy business requirements, following adopted methodology that leads to efficient, easy to maintain, and reliable systems
• Analyze business rules, processes, and systems to recommend process and systems improvements
• Design and perform unit tests to confirm functionality meets business requirements
• Drives the mentality of quality being owned by the entire team