To apply, CLICK HERE.
CGI is in the top 5 largest global IT companies spread across 40 countries with endless opportunities to expand and grow. As a CGI Federal Member, you have the opportunity to be a shareholder at CGI and join a family of 75,000 members strong. This position is NOT at a customer location. With CGI federal office is in Fairfax, VA, Lafayette, LA, and Belton, TX, you will join an innovative technology team delivering modern and flexible solutions for the federal government. Limited telework opportunities are available.
The Technical Project Manager will support the Enterprise Solutions Group (ESG) in ensuring the successful delivery of solutions and services. This person will work across teams to support their planning activities, to assist in tracking and reporting status, and to coordinate communications and information availability on task areas as assigned. This person will work under the guidance of Product, Program, and Delivery Managers to ensure that CGI Federal solutions and services are delivered on schedule, on budget, on scope, and at a high level of quality. The ideal candidate is detail oriented; proficient with office automation tools; has strong technical leadership abilities in cyber security, cloud, system architecture, or software development; and is familiar with budget and project tracking and reporting. The ideal candidate will also provide proactive, timely, and reliable communications to establish and maintain a transparent work environment at all times.
Your future duties and responsibilities
The Technical Project Manager is looking to join a global technology leader and a winning team to grow yourself and your career. You are eager to face challenges and truly embrace the challenge of building large and complex solutions. You are not afraid to roll up your sleeves, doing whatever it takes to ensure that the ESG team is successful.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to,:
Project planning: support project setup, tools, standards, and administrative functions
• Task, schedule, quality management: provide hands-on recording, tracking, and reporting for meetings, project activities, and action items.
• Scope control: understand requirements and track them through delivery, including support to scrum masters as needed with backlog maintenance.
• Risk management: identify and document risks and issues and escalate key items to senior management.
• Reporting: monitor progress and provide independent reporting of assigned areas of responsibility.
• Financial management: understands basic project financial management. Supports the Program Manager and/or senior management on forecasting, financial tracking, and reporting.
• Account management: establishes relationships across application development, solution architecture, and shared services teams.
• Process management: assist with the implementation and execution of processes to ensure efficient and effective operations and high quality services and solutions.
Communications: preparation of documents, briefings, and other materials needed to support ESG activities.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• A Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 3 years of technical project management experience in cloud, security, networks, and/or IT solutions.
• Must demonstrate a proven ability for process innovations and workflow improvements.
• Solid proficiency with MS Office or similar products, including word processing, project management, spreadsheet, presentation, and drawing programs.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with executive, technical, and non-technical persons
• Ability to multitask and to manage multiple priorities across a matrixed team.
• Aptitude for problem solving, with an understanding of when to proceed and when to escalate issues.
• Ability to maintain composure and tact under pressure.
• Ability to lead a geographically dispersed and diverse team
Quick learner with keen research skills.
Due to the nature of the contracts, US citizenship is required
• PMP Certification
• FedRAMP Authorization process experience is highly desired
• Experience supporting Federal Agencies
- Project Management
- Cloud Computing
What you can expect from us
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.