To apply, CLICK HERE.
CGI currently has an opening within our Oil and Gas practice for a Senior Network Engineer, will provide support for Gulf of Mexico and Permian Basin Cisco Telecoms infrastructure.
Your future duties and responsibilities
The Senior Network Engineer will work in conjunction with our customer organization and provide services as listed below:
1. Support Field Telecoms operations in the GoM and Permian Basin:
• Ensure availability for all non-legacy and legacy telecoms systems in managed facilities
• Ensure right security accesses are provided to assigned telecoms facilities
• Effect configuration management and manage IPsubnets
• Manage integrity of assets; ensure governance processes and physical state of systems in managed telecoms facilities are in top conditions; document and identify issues; recommend solutions to identified problems.
• Ensure thorough Run and Maintain support for all telecoms assets in the Gulf of Mexico and Permian Basin.
• Support VSAT
2. Landscape Management (Cisco networks):
• Configuration support and operation of Cisco network systems.
• Operation of Solarwinds NMS systems
3. Network support:
• At CCIE certification or proven practical experience
• Provide site support (where necessary) for Datacoms team
• Design and implement data and voice network infrastructures
4. Revise Network Documentation:
• Client’s General Controls for IT Network
• Network configuration, IP management (VLANs, subnets, configs)
• Network active and inactive device inventory
• Network drawings (L1/L2, L3)
• Circuit inventory and contact information
• Disaster Recovery runbooks
5. Be On-call every other week
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• Should have working experience with all or most of key systems: Avaya PBX, Cisco Call Manager, UHF/VHF systems (Motorola), DC power systems (SAFT/AEG), ESD systems (Motorola), Aviation communications systems, Aviation lighting systems, CATV/Entertainment Systems, Redline and Cambium radio, microwave, LTE etc.
• Associates Degree (Computer Science or Computer Information Systems or similar degree preferred.) or 5+ years’ of equivalent field work experience as a Network Engineer preferably within the oil and gas industry.
• Ability to provide after-hours support
• This position specifically needs resources who realize what a process control system is and the reality of what a total shut down of the plant systems could do to the business and/or the effects that could occur from the results of a shut-down regarding safety/health problems for the workers on site at the plant/refinery/terminals.
• Must be very focused on safety and aware at all times that you are in an industrial environment.
• Strong English communication skills (oral and written)