To apply, CLICK HERE.
Do you have a demonstrated interest in information technology and a passion for learning? Are you a go-to problem solver that is motivated to make a difference by tackling complex technical challenges leading to the creation and design of cutting edge solutions for our clients? If so, joining CGI as a Software Developer could be the ideal opportunity for you.
As a Software Developer you will join one of our many account teams and work in a highly collaborative environment to provide expertise in designing, developing and executing solutions to enhance the quality of IT products and services for our clients. At CGI, you can explore your full potential – not confined by borders or pre-defined paths. You’re empowered to solve problems in your own unique way which is not only valued and respected but encouraged.
Your future duties and responsibilities
What you’ll do (assignments may include responsibilities in one or more of the following areas):
• Develop technical prototypes and assist in the creation of software documentation including requirements, design, and user manuals
• Understand and apply software design patterns
• Collaborate with team members to find better, more efficient ways of doing things
• Develop software solutions for business problems by leveraging the latest tools, such as Microsoft .NET, Java, and open source technologies
• Develop database, ETL, and reporting solutions by leveraging the latest database technologies
• Participate in peer-led engineering and code reviews
• Develop an understanding of the benefits of quality assurance within enterprise software applications
• Assist in the development and execution of test cases and system test plans
What you’ll gain:
• Involvement in the technical components of a client project and exposure to business issues
• Opportunity to leverage your computer knowledge and analytical skills
• Knowledge of computer systems and the latest technologies
• Ability to work closely with developers, designers, business and systems analysts
At CGI we call our professionals “members" to reinforce that all who join our team are, as owners, empowered to participate in the challenges and rewards that come from building a world-class company. CGI’s benefits include:
• Competitive base salaries
• Eligibility to participate in an attractive Share Purchase Plan (SPP) in which the company matches dollar-for-dollar contributions made by eligible employees, up to a maximum, for their job category
• 401(k) Plan and Profit Participation for eligible members
• Generous holidays, vacation, and sick leave plans
• Comprehensive insurance plans that include, among other benefits, medical, dental, vision, life, disability, out-of-county emergency coverage in all countries of employment;
• Back-up child care, Pet insurance, a Member Assistance Program, a 529 college savings program, a personal financial management tool, lifestyle management programs and more
Join our global company of owners, shape the direction of our company and make a positive impact on the communities we call home.
The best version of us starts with you. And the best version of you starts here.
Founded in 1976, CGI is among the largest independent IT and business consulting services firms in the world. With approximately 77,500 consultants and other professionals across the globe, CGI delivers an end-to-end portfolio of capabilities, from strategic IT and business consulting to systems integration, managed IT and business process services and intellectual property solutions. CGI is looking for talented individuals to join the team and work with clients through a local relationship model complemented by a global delivery network that helps clients digitally transform their organizations and accelerate results. With Fiscal 2019 reported revenue of C$12.1 billion, CGI shares are listed on the TSX (GIB.A) and the NYSE (GIB). Learn more at cgi.com/UScareers.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
What you’ll need (requirements):
• A bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (i.e.: Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a similar major with extensive computer-based or technical content)
• Experience with SQL, Java, C++, J2EE, C# and/or .Net development
• The ability to learn and understand new technologies quickly
• A great attitude and desire for learning
• Excellent problem solving, written and verbal communication skills
• Flexibility and ability to deal with ambiguity
• Ability to work within a team environment
• Ability to work in the U.S. for an indefinite period of time