To apply, CLICK HERE.
The System Administrator (SA) is responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure. This individual participates in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure. This individual ensures that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to organizational values, enabling staff, and Partners.
This individual will assist project teams with technical issues in the Initiation and Planning phases of our standard Project Management Methodology. These activities include the definition of needs, benefits, and technical strategy; research & development within the project life-cycle; technical analysis and design; and support of operations staff in executing, testing and rolling-out the solutions.
Your future duties and responsibilities
Engineering of SA-related solutions for various projects and operational needs.
• Install new / rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
• Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures.
• Install and configure Windows Systems (2008 R2, 2012, 2016, 2019) and some knowledge of PowerShell or equivalent scripting.
• Knowledge into using Active Directory Group Policies, User Groups, User authentication and managing the AD Server (2012, 2016, 2019)
• Contribute to and maintain system standards.
• Research and recommend innovative, and where possible automated approaches for system administration tasks. Identify approaches that leverage our resources and provide economies of scale.
• Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
• Perform regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions.
• Create, change, and delete user accounts per request.
• Provide Tier III/other support per request from various constituencies. Investigate and troubleshoot issues.
• Work in an Agile Environment with tickets across multiple Client Boards and Help Desk.
• High familiarity with Windows Server and troubleshooting windows issues. Capable of reading Events/Logs/etc. to troubleshoot issues and determine where something fails.
• Experience with blended Windows and Linux networks. Active directory joining and maintenance
• A working knowledge of Virtual Machines in general with Amazon Web Services and Microsoft Azure experience preferred
• Pass Government background checks to attain security clearance level of Secret or higher for multiple departments
• Periodic travel (by airplane or car) will be required to attain and maintain security clearance standing
• Be able to attain Security+ certificate (Necessary for particular clients)
• Ability to learn on the job and desire to solve problems
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
Have knowledge of Active Directory and Group Policies/Permissions/etc. Will be working with AD 2012/2016/2019 AD Servers. Should be capable of getting several Government Clearances and if they have any Windows certifications that would be a plus.
Would need to work the 8am-5pm schedule
- Due to the nature of the project, US Citizenship is required