Job Title: Plumber
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Summary: Under General supervision, work on the production line to build manufactured housing, as part of a team, and perform quality work at a fast moving and consistent manner.
Plumber Job Responsibilities:
- Install, repair pipes, valves, fittings, drainage systems, and fixtures in residential structures.
- Overseeing the fitting and repair of sanitation systems such as bathtubs, showers, toilets, and sinks.
- Testing plumbing systems to identify leaks and other faults.
- Drill or cut holes in walls/floor to make room for the passage of pipes.
- Collaborate with general contractors, electricians, and other construction professionals.
- Follow building plans and blueprints.
- Respond to, diagnose, and resolve plumbing emergencies.
- Perform routine inspections of plumbing and drainage systems.
- Light construction, carpentry, painting, plastering, flooring, ceiling and electrical work as required.
Plumber Qualifications /Skills:
- Skilled in the use of hand and power tools used in the plumbing trade
- Knowledge of building codes, safety regulations, and safety practices
- Ability to read and follow blueprints and rough drawings
- Familiarity with PVC, CPVC, PEX, cast iron, and copper
- Effective oral communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to complete projects independently
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail and ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously
- Proficiency in basic mathematics and conversion of measurements
Education and ExperienceRequirements:
- High school diploma or GED certificate
- State plumbing license
- 1-3 years experience as a journeyman plumber
- Valid driver's license