To apply, CLICK HERE.
The Accounts Payable Clerk compiles and maintains accounts payable records. The clerk supports month-end close and special projects as requested. Assists corporate financial officers and branch personnel as necessary and maintains a high level of professionalism and internal/external customer service in a facility environment.
- Customer Focus
- Decision Quality
- Business Insight
- Drives Results
- Communicates Effectively
- Instills Trust
- Manages Ambiguity
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Receives, processes, verifies, and reconciles invoices and check requests.
- Verifies entries by comparing system reports to balances.
- Submits AP batches to Corporate Finance for final posting and payment.
- Verifies approval on all invoices and check requests.
- Reconciles Vendor Statements and verifies vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements and related transactions.
- Monitors discount opportunities; initiates &/or helps resolve purchase order, contract, invoice, or payment discrepancies and documentation; insures credit is received for outstanding memos; request issuance of stop-payments or purchase order amendments.
- Ability to process and follow-up on rush items.
- Maintains accounts payable files and document retention.
- Maintains RNI account by reviewing on a regular basis and resolving any stale-dated items.
- Maintains expense files for Capital Expense Projects.
- Records and maintains Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) for job functions.
- Back-up for production payroll timekeeping & related functions.
- Back-up for Accounts Receivable functions.
- Special projects as assigned.
REQUIREMENTS FOR ACCOUNTS PAYABLE CLERK:
- Associate degree in Accounting preferred but not required.
- Computer proficiency in Windows-based software applications (i.e. Word, Excel, etc.) required; high level of proficiency using Microsoft Excel spreadsheets required.
- Ability to handle confidential information in a discreet, professional manner.
- Eye for detail, accuracy is imperative.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills.
- Payroll timekeeping skills preferred.
- Knowledge of accounting procedures.
Crest Industries is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information.
Crest Industries is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request information regarding reasonable accommodation, contact your Human Resource Business Partner.