DIS-TRAN Steel, located in Pineville, LA, is looking for an experienced Fitter to join our team. Fitters will interpret blueprints to tack fit structures including tubular steel transmission poles, latticed transmission towers, substation deadend and support structures and other specialty structures. The Fitter must be capable of fitting steel layouts according to specifications. This individual must be able to perform duties with speed and accuracy in order to produce a quality product and keep a steady flow of products. This position will frequently use calculating skills, by tape measure or other device. This position will use other moving machinery or equipment, including cranes, in order to manipulate steel structures.
Execution and Results
REQUIREMENTS FOR FITTER II:
- Experience in tack fitting steel structures with accuracy and high quality is the minimum requirement.
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred
- Acute attention to detail is required.
- Ability to interpret blueprints and read a tape measure required.
- Welding / fitting certification or prior fitting experience with the successful passing of DIS-TRAN Steel’s Fitter II test is required.
- Ability to produce accurate, high quality welds in all applications, with various material types; makes all welds neatly and consistently; ability to weld within weld procedure is required.
- Ability to use standard set of weld gauges is required.
- Ability to properly set, maintain, and troubleshoot welding equipment is required.
- Capable of reading and understanding welding symbols and preparing all joints as required; GMAW experience required.
- Certifications or prior experience using moving machinery, such as cranes, preferred.
- Production speeds exceed training / learning pace and often looks for improvement in processes.
Crest Industries believes that all people are entitled to equal employment opportunity. This means that we will extend equal opportunity to all individuals without regard for race, color, citizenship, national or ethnic origin, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic partnership status, age, disability, genetic predisposition or carrier status, veteran status or any other protected status under federal, state or local law.