To apply, CLICK HERE.
DIS-TRAN Steel is looking for a Maintenance Tech II to join the team at the Pineville, LA plant.
The Maintenance Technician II must meet all of the requirements of the Maintenance Technician I, including the following: must be capable of performing industrial maintenance. This individual should be knowledgeable of maintenance related duties. The Maintenance Technician II is required to have a background in working with hydraulic and electrical equipment. Experience with software, CNC, and PLC is considered a plus for this position. This individual must be able to communicate well within an industrial culture.
The Maintenance Technician II holds a working knowledge of general maintenance topics. General repair of tools, such as grinders and pneumatic tools found on production floor and a basic understanding of hydraulic and electrical systems should be in place. This individual holds advanced capabilities in maintaining equipment. This individual has the ability to train individuals in the Maintenance Technician I position. The Maintenance Technician II is an effective employee with a strong work ethic.
- Customer Focus
- Decision Quality
- Business Insight
- Drives Results
- Communicates Effectively
- Instills Trust
- Manages Ambiguity
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Monitors and maintains production equipment as assigned.
- Can troubleshoot equipment malfunctions and provide corrective action.
- Disassembles machine prior to maintenance work.
- Reassembles machines after the completion of repair or maintenance work.
- Starts machines and observes mechanical operation to determine efficiency and to detect problems.
- Inspects or tests damaged machine parts, and marks defective areas or advises supervisors of repair needs.
- Lubricates or applies adhesives or other materials to machines, machine parts, or other equipment, according to specified procedures.
- Installs, replaces, or changes machine parts and attachments, according to production specifications.
- Dismantles machines and removes parts for repair, using specified tools.
- Records production, repair, and machine maintenance information.
- Reads work orders and specifications to determine machines and equipment requiring repair or maintenance.
- Sets up and operates machines and adjusts controls to regulate operations.
- Collaborates with other workers to repair or move machines, machine parts, or equipment.
- Capable of training individuals in the Maintenance Technician I position.
- Ability to repair tools such as grinders and pneumatic tools found on production floor.
- Holds a working knowledge of pneumatic hydraulic and electrical systems including DC-AC and 3- phase.
- Performs scheduled preventative maintenance.
- The Maintenance Technician II will have no employees reporting to this position.
- As assigned by Maintenance Supervisor.
REQUIREMENTS FOR MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN II:
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Ability to interpret blueprints required.
- Ability to read a tape measure required.
- 2 + years of prior industrial maintenance experience required.
- Hydraulic and electrical background experience required.
- Communication in an industrial environment required.
- Experience with software, CNC, and PLC is considered a plus.
- Ability to repair tools and small engines.
- Ability to train individuals in the Maintenance Technician I position.
Crest Industries is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information.
Crest Industries is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request information regarding reasonable accommodation, contact your Human Resource Business Partner.