To apply, CLICK HERE.
DIS-TRAN Packaged Substations, a Crest Industries company, is looking to hire a Factory Built Substation (FBS) Technician to work from our Port of Alexandria Facility. An FBS Technician, as part of a team, assembles custom factory-built substations. This position also assists FBS Welders who perform cutting, fitting, and aluminum welding of pre-fabricated bus (PFB), pipe and cable jumpers. There is no travel required for this position.
This person must demonstrate the core values and purpose of Crest Industries: Honesty – Trust – Integrity/ Technical and Functional Skills/ Self-Awareness and Development/ Interpersonal Savvy/Relationships/ Customer Focus.
- Customer Focus
- Decision Quality
- Business Insight
- Drives Results
- Communicates Effectively
- Instills Trust
- Manages Ambiguity
- Supports a safe work environment.
- Performs quality work within deadlines.
- Energetic and delivers high-productivity.
- Interacts professionally with other employees and customers.
- Works enthusiastically and effectively as a team contributor.
- Displays passion and optimism.
- Listens and seeks clarification when needed.
- Responds well to training, coaching and mentoring.
REQUIREMENTS FOR FBS TECHNICIAN:
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Read and understand measuring devices such as tape measure, rules, and combination squares.
- Perform simple shop math (add/subtract fractions, decimals, and whole numbers).
- Experience applying simple hand tools such as wrenches, hammer, screw driver etc.
- Basic computer skills.
PREFERRED (NOT REQUIRED):
- Experience working in a Warehouse or Manufacturing environment.
- Substation experience.
- Experience pinning steel.
- Ability to read and understand blueprints.
- Experience operating a Lift Truck and Man-lift.
- Basic knowledge of how to assemble bus conductors both rigid and flexible.
Crest Industries believes that all people are entitled to equal employment opportunity. This means that we will extend equal opportunity to all individuals without regard for race, color, citizenship, national or ethnic origin, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic partnership status, age, disability, genetic predisposition or carrier status, veteran status or any other protected status under federal, state or local law.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)