DIS-TRAN Steel, located in Pineville, LA, is looking for an experienced Welder to join our team. The Welder II must be capable of performing all welds needed on our structures and must understand instructions given in regard to the welds. This individual must be able to perform duties with speed and accuracy in order to produce a quality product and keep a steady flow through the facility. This position will frequently use calculating skills, by tape measure or other device. This position will use other moving machinery or equipment, including cranes, in order to manipulate steel structures.
- Customer Focus
- Decision Quality
- Business Insight
- Drives Results
- Communicates Effectively
- Instills Trust
- Manages Ambiguity
REQUIREMENTS FOR WELDER II:
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Ability to interpret blueprints and read a tape measure required.
- Welding certification or prior welding experience with the successful passing of DIS-TRAN Steel’s Welder II test is required.
- Capable of producing complete joint penetration welds that meet all visual and ultrasonic inspection per AWS D1.1 structural steel welding code.
- Ability to produce high quality welds in all applications, with various material types; makes all welds neatly and consistently; ability to weld within weld procedure is required.
- Ability to use standard set of weld gauges is required.
- Ability to properly set, maintain, and troubleshoot welding equipment is required.
- Capable of reading and understanding welding symbols and preparing all joints as required; GMAW experience required.
- Certifications or prior experience using moving machinery, such as cranes, preferred.
- Production speeds exceed training / learning pace and often looks for improvement in processes.
Crest Industries believes that all people are entitled to equal employment opportunity. This means that we will extend equal opportunity to all individuals without regard for race, color, citizenship, national or ethnic origin, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic partnership status, age, disability, genetic predisposition or carrier status, veteran status or any other protected status under federal, state or local law.