To apply, CLICK HERE.
Essential Job Functions
- Leads the development of new product ideas and the enhancement of existing products. Leads the design, pricing and marketing of products and services to provide support for the full life-cycle of products and product lines. Creates and/or leads the creation of technical models that serve as blueprints for project engagements of various complexities.
- Gathers, analyzes and prioritizes product and customer requirements, defines product vision and works closely with engineering, development and manufacturing to oversee and approve product designs, enhancements and quality. Establishes milestones and deliverables and coordinates completion of all aspects of the product deliverables.
- Manages relationships with customers, brand management and development groups to serve as a primary point of contact to provide input on customer product and operational requirements. Serves as subject matter expert with functional architects to ensure that product design and deployment meet client and company guidelines.
- Supports relationships with verticals, partners, systems integrators, consultants, and professional services organizations to enhance client relationships and product sales. Leads team in influencing client expectations and ensuring client satisfaction in area of responsibility and related issues. Identifies issues or opportunities, determines course of action and implements same.
- Maintains revenue forecast information; identifies fluctuations in financial targets and adjusts strategies to realize financial commitments for sale of multiple products and product lines. Implements changes or adjusts in other products or lines based upon the information.
- Negotiates agreements with vendors in support of product marketing objectives.
- Tracks market trends and competitive offerings and the competitive landscape. Interfaces with customers and sales organization to drive product direction and ensure capabilities meet market needs and customer satisfaction goals.
- Evaluates in-depth market analysis and leads business case for optimization of existing products/solutions alternatives and/or to create the next generation of new products. Collaborates with research and development to create products and validate early product definitions.
- Provides leadership and work guidance to less experienced personnel.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, business administration computer science, information technology or related field preferred
- Twelve or more years of experience in product management, software development, technical support, or consulting
- Experience working with product systems design principles and customization strategies when integrating hardware or software products
- Experience working with financial operations concepts, practices and procedures
- Experience working with product systems design principles
- Experience working with technology architecture, mainframes, scheduling software and other related technologies
- Experience working with client business and technology requirements and company software and hardware products and services
- Experience working with development tools, processes, approaches and/or techniques
- Strong skills in product development methodology such as vision and strategy (VS), business area architecture (BAA), ierative custom development (ICD), package-based development (PBD) or accelerated application development (X/AD)
- Strong organization skills to balance and prioritize work
- Strong analytical, problem solving and decision making skills
- Strong skills in project planning and estimation, and managing risks during product launches
- Strong creative thinking/designing skills
- Strong presentation skills to present ideas or tasks to individuals or groups
- Good leadership skills to mentor, motivate and provide guidance to project personnel
- Good personal computer and business solutions software skills
- Good financial management skills to understand related metrics
- Ability to anticipate problems, handle and resolve ambiguity and take decisive action, with regard to impact on client and company
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and switch between tasks quickly
- Ability to adapt to changing environments and/or situations, handle multiple tasks simultaneously and to switch between tasks quickly
- Ability to mentor and direct work of less experienced specialists and team members
- Ability to convert technical knowledge into easily understood terms
- Ability to create an maintain formal and informal networks
- Willingness to travel
- Client or office environment
- May require evening or weekend work