To apply, CLICK HERE.
Requisition ID :
Technology Security Services Group
New Orleans, LA US
Posting Date :
Essential Job Functions
- Designs audits of computer systems to ensure they are operating securely and that data is protected from both internal and external attack. Makes and implements recommendations for preventive measures as necessary.
- Assesses assigned system to determine system security status. Designs and implements security policies and procedures to ensures compliance to policies and procedures.
- Designs and conducts training for computer security education and awareness programs. Researches and evaluation emerging security trends and issue to ensure that education remains current and is continuously updated.
- Evaluates highly complex security systems according to industry best practices to safeguard internal information systems and databases.
- Defines security requirements and subsequently reviews complex systems to determine if they have been designed and established to comply with established standards. Develops and implements new standards as necessary.
- Leads investigations of security violations and breaches and recommends solutions; provides analysis summary to management and recommends alternative courses of action as necessary.
- Provides expert technical consultation on highly complex tasks; assists and/or provides limited direction to lower level technical personnel.
- Provides product recommendations of security packages to customers; Reviews vendor products and makes recommendations as appropriate. Conducts cost analyses to determine feasibility of new products for clients.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, management information systems, or related field preferred
- CISSP certification preferred
- Twelve or more years of experience in computer science, management information systems or data security experience
- Experience working with information security practices, networks, software, and hardware
- Experience working with computer programming
- Experience working with operating systems
- Experience working with computer desktop packages such as Microsoft Word, Excel, etc.
- Experience working with security architecture
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills for resolving security issues
- Strong organization skills to balance work and lead projects
- Strong leadership skills to effectively mentor and lead junior level personnel
- Strong interpersonal skills to interact with customers and team members
- Strong communication skills to interact with team members and support personnel
- Strong skills implementing and configuring networks and network components
- Ability to work with relational databases
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Office environment
- May require shift work
- May require weekend work