Elmer Chocolate is seeking a highly motivated and reliable Forklift Operator/Temporary to work in our state of the art chocolates manufacturing facility. You will be responsible for the loading and unloading of products and raw materials.
Since 1855, Elmer Chocolate has been a leading candy and snack manufacturer in the Gulf South. Originally known for Heavenly Hash® and Gold Brick®, today the family-owned business is recognized as the second largest heart box chocolates manufacturer in the USA.
Forklift Operator Day Shift / Temporary
Monday - Friday 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM (August 2020 to March 2021)
- Unloading of raw materials and other products.
- Fill orders for production.
- Quality control of received items.
- Operate forklift.
- Operate manual and electric pallet jack.
- Load and unload materials onto or off pallets, skids, or lifting device.
- Complete receiving/order documentation including recording, weighing, labeling.
- Keeps shipping/receiving area clean.
- Forklift certification course given on-site.
- Overtime as needed.
- High School education or GED.
- Reading, interpreting signs and short correspondence, shipping documents, and memos.
- Basic math skills, adding, subtracting, multiplying and dividing in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Able to identify, evaluate and problem solve.
- Team player.
- Must be capable of sitting or standing or walking for twelve hours with no limitations on "normal" bending, stooping, kneeling, reaching, crouching or crawling, talking, seeing and hearing. Able to lift 50 lbs.
- Pass drug screen and math assessment.
What Elmer Chocolate Offers:
- Competitive wage
- Overtime available