To apply, CLICK HERE.
Elmer Chocolate is seeking a highly motivated and organized Production Supervisor for the Night Shift to monitor the production of moulded chocolates and various seasonal candy. The Production Supervisor is responsible for leading an assigned production team consisting of diverse machine operators and candy associates. Responsibilities include safety, quality, production reporting including machine/line efficiency.
Since 1855, Elmer Chocolate has been a leading candy and snack manufacturer in the Gulf South. Originally known for Heavenly Hash® and Gold Brick®, today the family-owned business is recognized as the second largest heart box chocolates manufacturer in the USA.
(Night Shift - 3pm to 3am)
- Leads a team of 5+ operators and 9+ candy associates.
- Staffing, training and development.
- Monitors the production of moulded chocolates and various seasonal candy including machine/line efficiency.
- Communicates production plans and needs.
- Interprets and enforces safety policy, GMP's and company policies.
- Maintains and improves quality programs.
- Production reporting including regulating/monitoring of material flow and material usage.
- Ensures job orders are completed.
- Manages time and attendance.
- Handles employee relations, corrective actions.
- Employee Performance Management.
- High School Diploma or GED
- 18 years or older.
- 3+ years of supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Leadership skills, positive attitude and common sense.
- Excellent communication skills and relationship building skills in person and writing.
- Experience with industrial production lines including industrial control systems (HMI).
- Intermediate computer skills Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook).
- Mathematical aptitude.
- Problem solving and decision making skills.
- Initiative and ownership.
- Dependability and reliability.
- Team player.
- Available to work overtime and weekends.
- Pass drug test.
What Elmer Chocolate Offers:
- Competitive wage
- Medical Benefits
- Paid vacation
- Climate controlled environment
- Full time