TO APPLY, Click Here
Sanitation Supervisor - Day Shift
Elmer Chocolate of Ponchatoula, LA is seeking a highly motivated Sanitation Supervisor to work in our state of the art manufacturing plant. The Sanitation Supervisor is responsible for leading and developing a team of 8-10 Housekeeping/Sanitation Associates cleaning the production, packaging, breakrooms, and administrative offices. This position offers a competitive wage with weekly pay. We also offer medical benefits, paid vacation, a 401k plan, and uniforms. If this sounds like the opportunity that you've been looking for, apply today!
ABOUT ELMER CHOCOLATE Since 1855, Elmer Chocolate has been a leading candy and snack manufacturer in the Gulf South. Originally known for Heavenly Hash® and Gold Brick®, today the family-owned business is recognized as the second largest heart box chocolates manufacturer in the USA.
Click here for Elmer Chocolate video.
(Day Shift 7:00 AM to 5:00 pm, Monday - Friday)
- Oversee day-to-day cleaning of production and packaging areas, bathrooms, breakrooms and administrative offices by Housekeeping/Sanitation team and ensure quality and completion of assigned tasks.
- Assures strict enforcement of all FDA, GMP, sanitation and safety regulations.
- Supervise a crew of hourly sanitation workers to ensure sanitation requirements for machinery and facility are met.
- Develop and maintain a Master Sanitation Schedule, Sanitation Standard Operating Procedures, and related documentation.
- Maintain the sanitation program with minimal supervision.
- Mentors, coaches and trains/cross-trains employees to encourage learning and growing; provides positive feedback concerning strengths and areas of improvement.
- Coordinates with external vendors as required for maintenance of equipment or pickups.
- Assists in performing regular housekeeping, SQF and regulatory audits.
- Make recommendations for improvements and lead continuous improvement projects.
- Manages and administers time and attendance, performance improvement plans and disciplinary actions on a fair and consistent basis.
- Ensures Housekeeping Associates complete assigned tasks
- Interpret and enforce company policy, procedures and regulations and monitor compliance.
- Interprets and enforces GMP's and safety regulations.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED
- 18 years or older.
- 3+ years of supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Leadership skills, positive attitude and common sense.
- Intermediate computer skills Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Excellent communication skills and relationship building skills in person and writing.
- Experience with industrial production lines including industrial control systems (HMI).
- Mathematical aptitude.
- Problem solving and decision making skills.
- Initiative and ownership.
- Dependability and reliability.
- Team player.
- Available to work overtime and weekends.
- Pass drug test.
What Elmer Chocolate Offers:
- Competitive wage
- Medical Benefits
- Paid vacation
- Climate controlled environment