Elmer Chocolate is seeking a highly motivated Supervisor for our state of the art Packaging Department. The Supervisor is responsible for leading 1 to 5 Team Leads who are assigned a production team which consists of diverse machine operators and line associates.
Since 1855, Elmer Chocolate has been a leading candy and snack manufacturer in the Gulf South. Originally known for Heavenly Hash® and Gold Brick®, today the family-owned business is recognized as the second largest heart box chocolates manufacturer in the USA.
Click here for Elmer Chocolate video
Supervisor Packaging Department
(Night Shift 3:30pm to 2:30am, Monday to Thursday)
- Leads 1- 5 Team Leads who are assigned a group of 2 to 10+ people consisting of operators and line associates.
- Staffing, training and development.
- Monitors production, plans and/or organizes before, during, and after production.
- Communicates production plans and needs.
- Creates production reports including daily summaries at end of shift.
- Quality and safety.
- Manages time and attendance.
- Has ability to learn and operate all equipment in the area assigned proficiently.
- Ensures job orders are completed including proper set up of lines for team for production.
- Ensures Team Leads complete assigned documentation (time sheets, down time, shift end)
- Interpret and enforces company policy, procedures and regulations.
- Interprets and enforces GMP's and safety regulations.
- Handles employee relations, corrective actions.
- Employee Performance Management.
- High School Diploma or GED
- 18 years or older.
- 3+ years of supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Leadership skills, positive attitude and common sense.
- Excellent communication skills and relationship building skills in person and writing.
- Experience with industrial production lines including industrial control systems (HMI).
- Intermediate computer skills Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook).
- Mathematical aptitude.
- Problem solving and decision making skills.
- Initiative and ownership.
- Dependability and reliability.
- Team player.
- Available to work overtime and weekends.
- Pass drug test.
What Elmer Chocolate Offers:
- Competitive wage
- Medical Benefits
- Paid vacation
- Climate controlled environment
- Full time