To apply, CLICK HERE.
Assists workers engaged in fabrication of pipe by performing any combination of following tasks: Lifts, positions, and removes product from machines to assist in welding and fitting.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
• Operate machinery used in the production process, or assist machine operators.
• Examine products to verify conformance to quality standards.
• Observe equipment operations so that malfunctions can be detected, and notify operators of any malfunctions.
• Lift raw materials, finished products, and packed items, manually or using hoists.
• Mark or tag identification on parts.
• Load and unload items from machines, conveyors, and conveyances.
• Clean and lubricate equipment.
• Record information, such as the number of products tested, meter readings, or dates and times of product production.
• Start machines or equipment to begin production processes.
• Separate products according to weight, grade, size, or composition of materials used to produce them.
• Place products in equipment or on work surfaces for further processing, inspecting, or wrapping.
• Remove products, machine attachments, or waste material from machines.
• Pack and store materials and products.
• Tie products in bundles for further processing or shipment, following prescribed procedures.
• Transfer finished products, raw materials, tools, or equipment between storage and work areas of plants and warehouses, by hand or using hand trucks or powered lift trucks.
• Signal coworkers to direct them to move products during the production process.
• Prepare raw materials for processing.
• Measure amounts of products, lengths of extruded articles, or weights of filled containers to ensure conformance to specifications.
• Thread ends of items such as thread, cloth, and lace through needles and rollers, and around take-up tubes.
• Read gauges or charts, and record data obtained.
• Mix ingredients according to specified procedures or formulas.
• Position spouts or chutes of storage bins so that containers can be filled.
• Fold products and product parts during processing.
• Wash work areas, machines, equipment, vehicles, or products.
• Unclamp and hoist full reels from braiding, winding, or other fabricating machines, using power hoists.
• Dump materials such as prepared ingredients into machine hoppers prior to mixing.
• Break up defective products for reprocessing.
• Change machine gears, using wrenches.
• Cut or break flashing from materials or products.
• Perform minor repairs to machines, such as replacing damaged or worn parts.
• Attach slings, ropes, or cables to objects such as pipes, hoses, or bundles.
• Responsible - Ability to be held accountable or answerable for one’s conduct.
• Adaptability - Ability to adapt to change in the workplace.
• Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
• Reliability - The trait of being dependable and trustworthy.
• Enthusiastic - Ability to bring energy to the performance of a task.
• Initiative - Ability to make decisions or take actions to solve a problem or reach a goal.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education: High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED): Preferred; or 1 year of relevant experience may be considered in lieu of education
Computer Skills: Not applicable
Certifications & Licenses: None Specifically Required
N (Not Applicable)
Activity is not applicable to this position.
Position requires this activity up to 33% of the time (0 - 2.5+ hrs/day)
Position requires this activity from 33% - 66% of the time (2.5 - 5.5+ hrs/day)
Position requires this activity more than 66% of the time (5.5+ hrs/day)
Reach Above Shoulder
Squat or Kneel
10 lbs. or less
Over 100 lbs
12 lbs or less
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is frequently exposed to high, precarious places and fumes or airborne particles. The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts; outside weather conditions; risk of electrical shock and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Location: Livingston, LA