To apply, CLICK HERE.
Provide technical assistance to computer users. Answer questions or resolve computer problems for clients in person, or via telephone or electronically. May provide assistance concerning the use of computer hardware and software, including printing, installation, word processing, electronic mail, and operating systems.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
• Oversee the daily performance of computer systems.
• Answer user inquiries regarding computer software or hardware operation to resolve problems.
• Enter commands and observe system functioning to verify correct operations and detect errors.
• Set up equipment for employee use, performing or ensuring proper installation of cables, operating systems, or appropriate software.
• Install and perform minor repairs to hardware, software, or peripheral equipment, following design or installation specifications.
• Maintain records of daily data communication transactions, problems and remedial actions taken, or installation activities.
• Read technical manuals, confer with users, conduct computer diagnostics to investigate and resolve problems or to provide technical assistance and support.
• Refer major hardware or software problems or defective products to vendors or technicians for service.
• Develop training materials and procedures, or train users in the proper use of hardware or software.
• Confer with staff, users, and management to establish requirements for new systems or modifications.
• Prepare evaluations of software or hardware and recommend improvements or upgrades.
• Read trade magazines and technical manuals or attend conferences and seminars to maintain knowledge of hardware and software.
• Hire, supervise, and direct workers engaged in special project work, problem solving, monitoring, and installing data communication equipment and software.
• Inspect equipment and read order sheets to prepare for delivery to users.
• Modify and customize commercial programs for internal needs.
• Conduct office automation feasibility studies, including workflow analysis, space design, or cost comparison analysis.
• Applied Learning - Ability to participate in needed learning activities in a way that makes the most of the learning experience.
• Business Acumen - Ability to grasp and understand business concepts and issues.
• Change Management - Ability to encourage others to seek opportunities for different and innovative approaches to addressing problems and opportunities.
• Conflict Resolution - Ability to deal with others in an antagonistic situation.
• Decision Making - Ability to make critical decisions while following company procedures.
• Judgment - The ability to formulate a sound decision using the available information.
• Problem Solving - Ability to find a solution for or to deal proactively with work-related problems.
• Safety Awareness - Ability to identify and correct conditions that affect employee safety.
• Technical Aptitude - Ability to comprehend complex technical topics and specialized information.
• Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
• Detail Oriented - Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
• Customer Oriented - Ability to take care of the customers’ needs while following company procedures.
• Ethical - Ability to demonstrate conduct conforming to a set of values and accepted standards.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education: Associate degree (two year college or technical school): Preferred
Experience: 3 plus years of experience
Computer Skills: Network Administration, hardware and software installation and administration