To apply, CLICK HERE.
The responsibilities of the Welder / Fabricator position include fitting and joining, fabricating, and repairing metal and other wieldable material by applying appropriate welding techniques in accordance with product specifications and production schedules.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
- Comply with safety and environmental guidelines, policies and regulations.
- Perform welding duties using a wire welder.
- Weld steel components with welding equipment as specified by layouts, engineering drawings, work orders, or verbal instructions.
- Set-up, lay out work using jigs/fixtures or hand layouts to fabricate parts and/or rework finish products.
- Work with fitters or fitters/welders to assist in the fabrication or welding of multi-component parts.
- Operate forklifts, hoist, hand power tools, slings, grinders, cutting torch, and other hand tools related to the jobs needs.
- Inspects and correct welds as necessary to meet product specifications.
- Read, understand, and follow job order specifications, engineering drawings, and/or work orders.
- Cross-train and perform the work of other job tasks in addition to the primary assigned position.
- Inspect equipment to maintain functional equipment if any equipment needs repairs notify supervisor/lead or maintenance department.
- Perform a variety of complicated tasks, as required.
- 1 year of tacking experience
- General knowledge of tools and equipment
- General knowledge of machines, designs, repair and maintenance
- Must be able to perform two-inch (2”) weld out
- Must pass Heli arc, tacking test, and 100% x-ray
- 2 plus years of tacking experience
- Extensive knowledge of tools and equipment
- Extensive knowledge of machines, designs, repair and maintenance
- Must be able to perform in all bays
• Adaptability - Ability to adapt to change in the workplace.
• Working Under Pressure - Ability to complete assigned tasks under stressful situations.
• Reliability - The trait of being dependable and trustworthy.
• Dependability - Takes responsibility for own actions; completed assignments in an ethical and mature manner.
• Quality of Work - Demonstrates competence in required job skills and knowledge; accuracy, clarity, consistency, and thoroughness of work; gives feedback for continuous improvement of work product; understanding and mastery of processes, methods, systems, and procedures.
• Ability and desire to work within a multi-cultural team - Interpersonal and effective communication skills as well as an understanding for cultural differences.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education: High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED): Required
Experience: Experience in welding or related field
Certifications & Licenses: