To apply, CLICK HERE
This position interacts with other disciplines, project support groups, subcontractors, vendors, and clients as appropriate on an assigned project. Performs engineering calculations, prepares specifications, performs analyses, witnesses testing, issues reports, and maintains related data. The primary focus is on electrical systems and involves the development of electrical drawings and documentation for the petrochemical industry projects.
Responsible for engineering design and modification activities related to electrical & control systems and equipment. May involves the installation and operation & maintenance of electrical systems and equipment. Discipline concerning process system controls, electric service and supply system controls, other control systems or electrical installations. An Electrical Engineer focuses on designing, maintaining and improving products that control the processes.
- Defining scope, developing cost estimates and schedules, and securing funding approval from management for small capital and expense projects.
- Specifying and purchasing of electrical engineered material for assigned projects.
- Developing and reviewing construction packages to ensure new installations meet all applicable industry codes and standards.
- Designing, implementing, maintaining, or improving electrical instruments, facilities, components, equipment, or systems.
- Overseeing and participating in installing, repairing, troubleshooting and maintaining high and low voltage electrical equipment and related devices including transformers, power panels, wireways, light fixtures, receptacles, and disconnect switches.
- Maintaining and improving equipment integrity to maximize on-stream availability and ensuring safe equipment operation.
- Participating in root cause analysis of equipment failure and suggesting modifications based on analysis to eliminate Bad Actors.
- Applying project management skills in all phases of project engineering from conception to closeout.
- Providing field construction support and final project installation sign-off.
- Providing Electrical engineering technical support on projects.
- Coordinating project specific work with in-house designers and outside engineering contractors.
- Conferring with management and project stakeholders throughout a project life cycle.
- Writing reports and compiling data regarding existing and potential electrical engineering projects and studies.
- Managing multiple projects and assignments in a timely, safe, and cost-effective manner.
- Interacting daily with project team members developing and executing project objectives.
- Providing Electrical engineering support, critical thinking, and troubleshooting skills for petrochemical process operations teams.
- Participating in area LOPA reviews and incident investigations.
- Providing Electrical engineering assistance during process unit Turnarounds.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must have excellent problem-solving with conceptional thinking skills
- Excellent communication and teamworking skills while working across global diverse teams
- Excellent project and time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work extended hours and support plant on nights and weekends as business needs dictate.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Minimum of 4 to 6 years of experience working in a petrochemical plant environment.
- Prior experience with Distributed Control Systems, Smart Plant Electrical (SPEL) and ETAP is desirable.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job successfully.
- Climb ladders to heights over 65 feet.
- Work in high noise and dust areas with appropriate PPE.
- Vapor-mist cartridge respirator may be required.
- Able to repeatedly lift 50 pounds.
This position will initially be located in Gonzales, LA or Baton Rouge, LA during construction. This position will ultimately be located at the plant site in St. James, LA.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other related tasked be performed as assigned.