To apply, CLICK HERE
This position is responsible for varied engineering assignments requiring a broad knowledge of an engineering specialty and the effect the work has upon other fields. Solves problems using a combination of standard or modified procedures. Participates in planning objectives. Performs independent studies, analyzes, interprets, and draws own conclusions. Not supervised in detail except on more difficult assignments. May give periodic technical guidance to less experienced professionals or technicians assigned to work on a common project.
- Designing and improving mechanical systems, equipment, and facilities to improve and sustain value in the areas of health, safety, environment, production rates, reliability, cost, and quality.
- Providing technical design support and executing capital projects and ongoing maintenance and operations activities to ensure compliance with specifications, codes, and customer requirements.
- Investigating and qualifying equipment vendors in support of FG’s procurement policy.
- Preparing equipment specifications for purchase of materials and equipment.
- Inspecting completed installations and observe operations, to ensure conformance to design and equipment specification and compliance with operational and safety standards.
- Maintaining and improving equipment integrity to maximize on-stream availability and ensuring safe equipment operation.
- Participating in root cause analysis of equipment failure and suggesting modifications based on analysis to eliminate Bad Actors.
- Maintaining and modifying equipment to ensure that it is safe, reliable and efficient.
- Developing and improving new and existing engineering standards and procedures.
- Monitoring, troubleshooting and optimizing operating units.
- Recommending and approving repairs to equipment per applicable code.
- Maintaining a strong safety and environmental compliance focus.
- Coaching less experienced engineers, providing required technical training.
- Contributing in a team environment and establishing work relationships with all functional groups to achieve results.
- Balancing day-to-day operational priorities with long term strategic objectives to ensure alignment with company goals.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must possess a working knowledge of ASME/API Codes
- Familiarity with NDE methods
- Familiarity with Mechanical Integrity Programs
- Must have excellent problem-solving with conceptional thinking skills
- Excellent communication and teamworking skills while working across global diverse teams
- Ability to work extended hours and support plant on nights and weekends as business needs dictate.
- Excellent project and time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- Minimum of 4 to 6 years of experience working in a petrochemical industrial environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job successfully.
- Climb ladders to heights over 65 feet.
- Work in high noise and dust areas with appropriate PPE.
- Vapor-mist cartridge respirator may be required.
- Able to repeatedly lift 50 pounds.
This position will initially be located in Gonzales, LA or Baton Rouge, LA during construction. This position will ultimately be located at the plant site in St. James, LA.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other related tasked be performed as assigned.