To apply, CLICK HERE.
TRAVEL REQUIRED: LESS THAN 10%
REQUISITION TYPE: REGULAR
Join General Dynamics Information Technology (GDIT) and be a part of the team of men and women that solve some of the world's most complex technical challenges. The Navy’s Personnel Modernization (PersMod) team is searching for a Sr. Systems Administrator to join their program in New Orleans, LA or Arlington, VA.
The Systems Administrator is responsible for implementing and maintaining the program virtual infrastructure while performing the following responsibilities/functions:
• Daily systems administration, monitoring, and system maintenance on RHEL 7 and Windows Server 2012
• Software upgrades, patch installs, firmware upgrades then test for functionality on a periodic basis.
• Diagnosis and troubleshooting problems related to the OS, hardware, network, and related software
• Manage periodic SCAP and STIG requirements needed to harden the servers
• Troubleshoot and configure servers in a virtual environment
• Create scripts in various shells to automate daily and periodic tasks.
• Document work for leadership, update/create Standard Operating Procedures, and brief staff and customers various tasks
• Team Lead
- Bachelor’s degree; additional experience may be substituted for the degree;
- 5+ years of experience in network/systems administration:
- AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner
- OS or DBA certification
- Experience administering, optimizing, and configuring Redhat Enterprise Linux and Redhat SSO (SAML)
- Experience maintaining firewalls (Palo Alto and F5 preferred)
- Experience with Splunk and LDAP and Ansible
- Working knowledge of Oracle databases
- PERSMOD experience
- DoD Secret clearance
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.