To apply, CLICK HERE
TRAVEL REQUIRED: NONE
PUBLIC TRUST: OTHER
REQUISITION TYPE: PIPELINE
General Dynamics Information Technology is seeking highly motivated individuals to join our rapidly growing team of technical help desk professionals. Employees in this role will manage inbound calls in a fast paced, high energy environment to support a large federal government contract (VA ESDMS) and will be assisting customers by researching technical issues, exploring answers, and providing information and alternative solutions. If you enjoy computer science and are motivated to help others, you will find this role to be both challenging and rewarding.
Highly qualified candidates will have the ability to provide "world class" customer service along with accurate and appropriate information to every caller. Must have excellent attendance record, an ability to thrive in a highly structured environment, and be able to efficiently perform root cause analysis to resolve customer issues.
A Day In the Life of A Computer Operator II
As a Computer Operator II with GDIT you will have the opportunity to learn and grow in your IT career as you:
- Respond to incoming service calls and/or to self-service ticketing queues on behalf of our client to provide accurate and appropriate information
- Identify, evaluate, and prioritize end-user issues to ensure that inquiries are successfully resolved
- Utilize troubleshooting techniques to resolve hardware, software, and network issues
- Document incident status and solutions in incident database tools
- Diagnose, identify, isolate, and analyze problems utilizing historical database records
- Adhere to established levels of service
- Adhere to established customer service and documentation standards within required time frames
- Adhere to contact center scheduling during hours of operation (24 hours a day, 7 days a week).
- Perform clerical and/or administrative duties as assigned
- High school diploma or G.E.D.
- One or more years of related experience
- Access to 10 Mbps of download speed and 1 Mbps of upload speed of dedicated internet bandwidth
- Louisiana residency within a 60 mile radius of our Bossier City facility
- AA/AS or equivalent in a related field of study
- Previous experience troubleshooting software and hardware issues (Windows and MAC O/S, internet systems, and networking)
- Previous experience working with a contact center management database
- Previous experience working with a ticketing system
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.