To apply, CLICK HERE.
TRAVEL REQUIRED: LESS THAN 10%
PUBLIC TRUST: NONE
REQUISITION TYPE: REGULAR
We are GDIT. The people supporting and securing some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. Our work has meaning and impact on the world around us, but also on us, and that’s important.
GDIT is your place. You make it your own by embracing autonomy, seizing opportunity, and being trusted to deliver your best every day. We think. We act. We deliver. There is no challenge we can’t turn into opportunity. And our work depends on a Systems Technician joining our team to support Enterprise Technology Services and Support activities at the Integrated Technology Center (ITC) in Bossier City, LA.
Provides installation; maintenance and troubleshooting support of information systems applications and related peripheral hardware.
- Monitors and responds to hardware and software problems utilizing a variety of hardware and software testing tools and techniques.
- Installs and configures applications software and related hardware (such as desktops; servers; and related peripherals like printers; scanners; drives; monitors and video teleconferencing hardware).
- Provides software and system troubleshooting and support.
- Provides technical support and training to end-users.
- Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced technicians; and may have limited supervisory responsibilities.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required.
- Provides incident response and performs customer support tasks.
- Deploys new hardware, software, and the upgrade of existing installations.
To be considered, candidates must have the following:
- Three years of directly related experience supporting information systems operations, plus an Associate's degree; or five years directly related experience in lieu of the degree.
- Experience with Microsoft Windows Workstation, operating systems, and common applications (e.g. Microsoft Office)
- Experience with desktop and application support, support for handheld devices (Blackberry, iOS, Android, Windows)
- Solid understanding of basic networking principles
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Must be able to obtain a security clearance
- Operational knowledge of the following is a plus: Microsoft Windows Server, Active Directory and Group Policy, SharePoint, and Microsoft System Center products
The following are strongly preferred, but not required:
- Mac experience
- Audio/Video experience
The work is typically performed in an office environment and at client site locations, which requires proper safety precautions; work may require some physical effort in the handling of light materials, boxes or equipment. The (ITC) Integrated Technology Center in Bossier City, LA will be a fast paced work environment supporting 1500+ employees primarily working out of cubicles. Some lifting will be required, average is 50 pounds or less. Carts will be provided for heavier items. Work is typically performed in an office environment and at client site locations, which requires proper safety precautions; work may require some physical effort in the handling of light materials, boxes or equipment.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.