To apply, CLICK HERE.
TRAVEL REQUIRED: 10-25%
PUBLIC TRUST: NACI (T1)
REQUISITION TYPE: REGULAR
The world of investing is fascinating yet complex. While hundreds of first -time investors are turning to the markets to help pay for their homes, send their children to college and secure their futures the mission of the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) is becoming all the more vital. GDIT is excited to support the SEC in as it seeks to protect investors, maintain fair, orderly, and efficient markets, and facilitate capital formation.
The SEC ISS program is a comprehensive IT program charged with operating, managing, and advancing the SEC’s IT infrastructure. Our dynamic program team of IT leaders and large and small business partners is seeking bright, energetic and talented individuals to join us as we bring our innovative IT Service Delivery solutions to SEC. Currently, we are seeking an Network Engineer - Sr. in Bossier City, LA. The selected candidate must be able to obtain a Public Trust Suitability clearance, per contract requirements.
Task and responsibilities in this role include, but are not limited to the following:
This Sr. Network Engineer role provides an excellent opportunity to apply and extend your skills in a complex and varied environment and experience new technologies. The Engineer will be required to design, operate, maintain, support and interact with complex LAN, WAN, MAN and wireless networks in a production environment – specifically with Cisco ASA, Cisco Anyconnect, Cisco Nexus, 4500, 6500, 3700, 3800 Cisco switches, Cisco Prime, Cisco ISE, Cisco WAPs and WLCs. The Engineer must have the understanding and ability to implement Cisco and industry best practice solutions into a production environment when needed. The engineer will also be supporting additional networking equipment such as F5 load-balancers, Riverbed Steelhead WAN optimization as well as Riverbed Mobile Client, and external carrier networking services. Must be able to interact knowledgeably with security systems and personnel. Other duties as required. The position is in Washington, DC with some travel to remote data centers and regional offices within the US as required infrequently. Periodic on-call support and after hours work are a requirement.
In this role you will primarily be responsible for:
- Configuration and troubleshooting Cisco routers and switches including but not limited to the following models: 4500, 6500, 3700, 3800, 2900, ASR
- Configuration and troubleshooting Cisco Nexus platforms, Cisco ASA for Client and Site-to-site VPN
- Configuration and troubleshooting Cisco enterprise wireless (Cisco WLCs, Cisco WAPs, Cisco AnyConnect Client)
- Configuration and troubleshooting of F5 Load Balancers (LTM and GTM)
- Configuration and troubleshooting Riverbed Steelhead and Riverbed Mobile Client
- Managing Network related tickets through ServiceNow
Since 1934 the SEC has been restoring and ensuring investor confidence in our capital markets by providing investors and the markets with more reliable information and clear rules of honest dealing. Are you ready to do your part and support all Americans in this mission?
To qualify, you must meet these basic qualifications:
- Minimum Requirements (including education):
- Candidates must have:
- Must have a BS/BA and minimum of 5 years of related experience managing data networks, possessing extensive skills and knowledge in network design, architecture, troubleshooting, and management.
- Must have experience with Kiwi, DHCP, TACACS, and Out-of-Band (OOB) networks.10 or more years experience supporting an enterprise class production network
- U.S. Citizen or have legal right to work in the USA without sponsorship (Agency check will be required for this position)
- It is highly desirable that candidates have:
- CCNA or CCNP certification
- BS in computer science or related field
- Skill in using analytics, logic and reasoning to troubleshoot issues and find the best solutions to overcome challenges
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks with conflicting priorities
- Previous experience supporting a Federal Government Agency
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.