To apply, CLICK HERE.
TRAVEL REQUIRED: NONE
PUBLIC TRUST: NONE
REQUISITION TYPE: PIPELINE
Our Enterprise Service Operations Center is currently seeking highly motivated individuals with a TOP SECRET, TOP SECRET/SCI or TOP SECRET/SCI CI/POLY clearance to join our rapidly growing team of technical service desk professionals to support a mission critical assignment that keeps our nation safe and secure. Housed at our state-of-the-art Integrated Technology Center in Bossier City, LA., in this role, you will work alongside 800 fellow IT professionals in a uniquely designed collaborative space that allows you to engage with your colleagues and see your career grow - all while supporting our nation’s essential programs. Relocation assistance may be available!
A day in the life of a help desk specialist:
- Responds appropriately to moderately complex service desk inquires made by telephone or self-service ticket regarding computer hardware, software, network, system/application access, and telecommunications systems
- Follows up with customers to ensure that customer inquiries are resolved within the contracted or agreed upon time frame
- Logs and tracks inquiries using a problem management database and maintains historical records and related problem documentation
- Analyzes and evaluates inquiry/problem reports and makes recommendations to reduce impact to agreed upon SLA's
- Documents incident status and solutions in incident management database tools
- Provides answers to Frequently Asked Questions or solutions to common problems as part of a customer self-help capability
- Diagnoses, identifies, isolates, and analyzes trends utilizing historical database records
- Routes calls to product line specialists, application, or system support specialists as appropriate
- Maintains and updates records and tracking databases.
What we're looking for:
You're a highly self-motivated and agile problem solver who is passionate about the field of IT. Driven and motivated to consistently learn, you enjoy any opportunity that will allow you to improve and grow. You are energized by team work environments and you seek out opportunities to collaborate with others to contribute to the success of the enterprise. To you, developing and employing complex technical solutions to resolve user issues is both rewarding and challenging.
- Active TOP SECRET clearance
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- IAT Level II certification (i.e. CompTIA Security+)
You'll need to have:
- Current working knowledge of computers, printers, laptops and common windows and MAC applications
- Strong interpersonal, communication, influence, and customer relationship skills
- An ability and willingness to work shift work as needed including a minimum of one overtime shift (1 weekend day each month)
Even better if you have
- TS/SCI with a favorable CI polygraph
- 1 year or more of related experience as a technical customer service technician, help desk technician, system or network administrator or other technical support role
Our core values- HONESTY, TRUST, TRANSPARENCY, and ALIGNMENT reinforce our steadfast commitment to helping our government customers meet the challenges they face each day. We are equally committed to being responsible corporate citizens improving the communities in which we live, work, and play and invite you to join our team of over 38,000 dedicated men and women in 30+ countries all over the world! Apply Now!
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.