To apply, CLICK HERE.
TRAVEL REQUIRED: NONE
PUBLIC TRUST: OTHER
REQUISITION TYPE: PIPELINE
General Dynamics Information Technology is seeking highly motivated individuals to join our rapidly growing team of technical help desk professionals. Employees in this role will manage inbound calls in a fast paced, high energy environment to support a large federal government contract and will be assisting customers by researching technical issues, exploring answers, and providing information and alternative solutions. If you enjoy computer science and are motivated to help others, you will find this role to be both challenging and rewarding.
Highly qualified candidates will have the ability to provide "world class" customer service along with accurate and appropriate information to every end-user. Must have excellent attendance record, an ability to thrive in a highly structured environment, and be able to efficiently perform root cause analysis to resolve end-user issues.
A Day in the Life of a System Support Specialist
As a System Support Specialist with GDIT, you will have the opportunity to learn and grow in your IT career as you:
- Respond to incoming service calls and/or to self-service ticketing queues on behalf of our client to provide accurate and appropriate information
- Identify, evaluate, prioritize and research end-user issues to ensure that inquiries are successfully resolved
- Perform research and resolution support independently
- Create, update, and close incident and service requests with the IT service management system
- Adhere to IT Processes and SOP's
- Utilize troubleshooting techniques to resolve hardware, software, and network issues
- Document incident status and solutions in incident database tools
- Identify, diagnose, isolate, and analyze problems utilizing historical database records
- Adhere to established levels of service
- Adhere to established customer service and documentation standards within required time frames
- Adhere to contact center scheduling during hours of operation (Be willing to work 24 hours a day, 7 days a week).
- Perform clerical and/or administrative duties as assigned
- AA/AS or equivalent experience in a related field of study
- 1 or more years of experience providing desk side and/or service desk IT support, specializing in troubleshooting end-user issues with hardware and software
- Must have a broad base of knowledge and be fluent in multiple IT disciplines such as computing, computer workstations, computer hardware and software, productivity tools, applications and networking
- 4 or more years of experience providing desk side and/or service desk IT support, specializing in troubleshooting end-user issues with hardware and software
- Previous experience working with a contact center management database
- Previous experience working with an IT Service Management system
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.