To apply, CLICK HERE.
TRAVEL REQUIRED: LESS THAN 10%
PUBLIC TRUST: OTHER
REQUISITION TYPE: REGULAR
General Dynamics Information Technology desires to hire a Technical Writer to support the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) Enterprise Service Desk Modernization Program in Bossier City, LA. As a Technical Writer you will support the deployment, management, and extension of knowledge management programs within the organization. You will have the opportunity to hone and develop your technical writing skills by providing briefings, creating call flows, and utilizing process improvement techniques.
A day in the life of a technical writer:
As a Technical Writer with GDIT you will utilize your experience with business process analysis to draw inferences from process details and link these inferences to organizational and departmental goals. You will meet with key stakeholders to understand and communicate business processes to diverse audiences at all levels within the organization. The ability to be consultative by asking appropriate questions to help identify needs and solutions is essential to your success in this role as you:
- Review usage and effectiveness of knowledge management system and knowledge articles
- Update and improve existing knowledge base(s) to improve knowledge article content, knowledge article discovery, and improve overall customer service and satisfaction
- Create job aids and SOP's for incident and problem resolution
- Identify reoccurring incidents and requests for prioritization of job aid/SOP creation
- Perform operational duties in support of regulatory, security, and industry practices' compliance documentation
- Coordinates the verification, approval, and processing of document revisions for call center knowledge base
- Track document activity to ensure timeliness and process efficiency
- Conduct research and analysis for new content creation and document maintenance (technical writing and editing). Provide customer support for document owners and key stakeholders.
- H.S. Diploma or equivalent
- Must be willing and able to obtain a Public Trust
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent years of related experience
- One or more years of relevant experience
Some travel may be required.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.