To apply, CLICK HERE.
TRAVEL REQUIRED: 10-25%
REQUISITION TYPE: REGULAR
GDIT Technology Shared Services is looking for a Senior Data Scientist to support multiple programs in the field of data analytics. This position will play a major role in strengthening and modernizing relief support for various government customers.
The position will support a US Air Force program that is playing a major role in strengthening and modernizing America's Strategic Deterrent Force. GDIT will develop and deliver a digital engineering design solution which enables and integrates the program’s complete set of data, tools, and model-based systems engineering (MBSE) activities, and makes them available to internal and appropriate external engineering and programmatic stakeholders throughout the program’s lifecycle. This effort will culminate in an abstracted, highly transportable environment delivered to the Government, to be instantiated “virtually” on the Government’s network infrastructure, and updated during the Engineering and Manufacturing Development (EMD) phase of weapon system development.
For this effort, GDIT will use cloud based concepts including IaaS (Infrastructure as a Service); PaaS (Platform as a Service); and SaaS (Software as a service) and containerization concepts including Terraform and Docker to buildout the DEE. Together, the application of these concepts will result in a Software-Defined Data Center (SDDC).
The Software Engineer Senior’s duties will include analyzing the types of data being stored and utilized within the DEE, understanding how that data can best be used, and developing the most efficient method of storage and data retrieval.
Software Engineer Senior will coordinate with the team reducing risk for migration of applications to the Development Environment and to the Government DEE, use of tinkerpop or a compliant tool is required, such as orientDB, JanusGraph, neo4.
Experience and Education:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience in the following:
- Perform data analysis, interpretation, and management duties.
- Develops rules and methodologies for data collection and analysis
- Use of TinkerPop or a compliant tool is required, such as orientDB, JanusGraph, neo4
- Ability to perform under pressure and handle change easily while meeting deadlines.
- Communicate with technical and non-technical audiences verbally and in writing form Work independently and in a team environment, to give and receive direction.
· Experience working in Agile teams
· Active DOD Secret Clearance
· Certification with cloud technologies
· Experience with Model Based Systems Engineering
· Ability to secure and maintain a SECRET security clearance
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.