To apply, CLCK HERE.
Globalstar is hiring a DSP Engineer
Are you an experienced Digital Signal Processing Engineer looking for a new opportunity with a global company? Do you want to be part of a team that is keeping people around the world connected? If you answered yes to these questions, then this is YOUR opportunity.
Who we are:
Globalstar provides affordable and reliable, mobile voice and data communications when beyond cellular services. We rely on our superior satellite network and excellent team members around the world to deliver quality products, services and peace of mind. For more information, visit www.globalstar.com.
Located in Covington, Louisiana, our corporate office houses our global satellite operations command center, product customer shipping center, engineering facilities and more.
What we offer:
- Work/Life Balance: Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays
- Financial Benefits: 401(k) Plan with Company Match, Employee Stock Purchase Program, Voluntary and Company Paid Group Life Insurance, Short- and Long-Term Disability Insurance, Medical FSA, Dependent Care, Competitive Salaries
- Health & Wellness: Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Employee Assistance Program, Comprehensive and Interactive Wellness Program
The DSP Engineer will work closely with our engineering teams, including System, Space, Gateway, and Product Engineering. This role requires strong programming skills and experience in systems engineering concepts.
- Design and conduct verification tests for waveform performance in various channel impairment and system loading conditions
- Analyze mutual interference impacts of signals in shared RF channels
- Characterize sources and impacts of RF interferers
- Work with System, Space, Gateway, and Product Engineering teams to establish new waveform and protocol design performance and capacity
- Work with Product and Gateway Engineering teams to identify platforms to enable new generations of communications systems over the Globalstar network
- Build dedicated over the air system quality measurement test sets (hardware and software)
- Identify performance and capacity improvements to existing communication systems
- Strong C/C++ programming skills
- Hands on skills working with RF laboratory equipment (spectrum analyzers, RF/vector signal generators, etc.)
- Software development skills with software defined radios or DSP devices
- Excellence time management skills
- Able to effectively communicate with all departments and at all levels
- Detailed oriented with a desire to produce accurate and efficient results
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or above in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Computer Science
- 5 plus years of RF & DSP/communications work experience
- Systems engineering concepts (requirements definition, test plan development, architecture design and trade assessments) experience
- Experience with broad range of modulation and channel coding schemes
- Preferred experience with the following:
- GNURadio or similar software defined radio environments
- Hardware design with software defined radio or DSP chipsets
- Design and/or modeling experience with end to end blocks of transceiver design
- Multipath radio fading models (e.g. Rayleigh and Rician)
- Git/JIRA (or equivalent) for source code management and issue tracking
- Spread spectrum modulation and LDPC coding
- NB-IoT standard
- Sit for long periods of time
- Ability to work remote
Globalstar is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status