To apply, CLCK HERE.
Are you an experienced International Logistics Specialist looking for a new opportunity with a global company? Do you want to be part of a team that is keeping people around the world connected? If you answered yes to these questions, then this is YOUR opportunity.
Who we are:
Globalstar provides affordable and reliable, mobile voice and data communications when beyond cellular services. We rely on our superior satellite network and excellent team members around the world to deliver quality products, services and peace of mind.
Located on the North Shore in Covington, Louisiana, our corporate office houses our global satellite operations command center, a full staffed customer relations center, product customer shipping center, engineering facilities and more.
What we offer:
- Work/Life Balance: Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays
- Financial Benefits: 401(k) Plan with Company Match, Employee Stock Purchase Program, Voluntary and Company Paid Group Life Insurance, Short- and Long-Term Disability Insurance, Medical FSA, Dependent Care, Competitive Salaries
- Health & Wellness: Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Employee Assistance Program, Comprehensive and Interactive Wellness Program
The Global Logistics Specialist will lead the global shipping activities and coordinate shipping on a domestic and international level. They will ensure that the right products are delivered to the right location on time and in a cost-efficient manner.
- Identification, negotiation and selection of cost effect freight solutions that conforms to the strategic goal of cost savings while meeting customer delivery requirements
- Track and trace shipments, researching and resolving any issues and expedite when necessary; communicate timely correspondence to internal stakeholders
- Collaborate and build relationships with carriers, forwarders and agent representatives regarding air and ocean transport to strengthen service competitiveness and support enhanced visibility of goods in the supply chain
- Ensure that the logistics operations and activities are executed within the given time and available budgets
- Edit and enhance the logistics methods, procedures, operations, activities and tools, services and systems
- Provide guidance to all operating units regarding the movement of freight and adherence to import/export regulations
- Observe global business commercial enterprises for new rules and methods that affect the roles and functions
- Aid the compliance team in conducting product classifications, determination of proper HTS/Schedule B’s and help to maintain classification data bases
- Familiar with governmental regulations pertaining to CTPAT, USMCA and other governmental regulations impacting the import/export of goods
- Audit of freight bills in conjunction with our 3rd party bill payment service to ensure quoted rates are adhered to
- Analyze freight data to identify inefficiencies and areas of non-compliance in order to develop and implement carrier KPI’s and other measures of process improvement and cost savings opportunities
- Be able to back-up, support and train with other members of the transportation team with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Other projects and programs, as assigned
- Detailed oriented with excellent time management skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Able to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Proven negotiation skills
- Proficient with MS Excel and Word
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Logistics or International Trade
- 5 to 7 years in a global logistics function
- Customs Broker – licensed preferred
- Familiarity with import/export regulations, US Customs policies and procedure regarding CTPAT, USMCA & Sec 301
- Proven negotiation and communication skills
- Intermediate proficiency with MS Excel and Word
- Able to work overtime if applicable
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times
Globalstar is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.