To apply, CLCK HERE.
Are you an experienced NOC Operator looking for a new opportunity with a global company? Do you want to be part of a team that is keeping people around the world connected? If you answered yes to these questions, then this is YOUR opportunity.
Who we are:
Globalstar provides affordable and reliable, mobile voice and data communications when beyond cellular services. We rely on our superior satellite network and excellent team members around the world to deliver quality products, services and peace of mind.
Located on the North Shore in Covington, Louisiana, our corporate office houses our global satellite operations command center, a full staffed customer relations center, product customer shipping center, engineering facilities and more.
What we offer:
- Work/Life Balance: Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays
- Financial Benefits: 401(k) Plan with Company Match, Employee Stock Purchase Program, Voluntary and Company Paid Group Life Insurance, Short- and Long-Term Disability Insurance, Medical FSA, Dependent Care, Competitive Salaries
- Health & Wellness: Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Employee Assistance Program, Comprehensive and Interactive Wellness Program
The NOC (Network Operations Enter) Operator works from the Covington, LA location. This entry level position will receive experience in satellite telecommunications, network monitoring, and system troubleshooting. Organizational, analytical, and time management skills will help drive success in this position. Having outstanding interpersonal and communication skills will allow them to work efficiently with other team members to maintain the successful operation of our global round (Gateways) and space based (Satellite) networks.
- Learn the components, functions, and interfaces of the Globalstar networks
- Monitor and control the Globalstar worldwide ground and space-based networks using customized and standard network monitoring tools
- Learn the details of commanding and controlling the Globalstar Satellite Constellation
- Use experience, trending analysis, and external input to prevent or minimize system outages
- Isolate and resolve any network issues in a timely manner and document all activities with the “JIRA” ticketing system
- Work with Gateway, Satellite, and System Engineering, Information Technology, Customer Care and other Globalstar departments to ensure the successful operation of the Globalstar network
- Draft and maintain operations procedures, training materials, and other documents
- Detailed oriented with excellent time management skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Problem solving skills
- Good understanding of workstation operations, computer operating systems and network monitoring tools
Education and Experience:
- Degree in Computer Science or Engineering related discipline
- Experience with Technical Support, Customer Service, and other troubleshooting entities
- Complete all required training and certification within the prescribed timeframe
- Flexible shift schedule to support 24/7/365 network operations; must be willing to work any shift
- Able to sit long periods of time and in work within a confined area
Globalstar is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.