To apply, CLICK HERE.
Requisition ID: 9826-159
West Monroe, LA, US, 71294
Category: Accounting and Finance
Pay Grade: 91
MISSION / SUMMARY:
This position supports the centralized Accounts Payable and Cash Application team by providing working capital, cash flow and other analyses and forecasts for key business elements impacted by these departments. This requires a detailed knowledge of how these functions impact the business and the ability to extract the data required for the analyses from a number of systems, such as, Hyperion, TM1 and various modules of SAP. The successful candidate will understand and align business operations and Shared Services as he/she executes their role to exceed customer expectations and align with GPI business, cultural, financial and operational objectives.
JOB FUNCTIONS: Job functions include, but are not limited to the following.
- Performs a wide range of accounting, accounts payable & accounts receivable (AP/AR) tasks
- Plans, organizes and participates in the AP/AR operational activities using the SAP ERP system
- Analyzes and prepares various required and assigned financial reports for Management review
- Participates in analyzing and maintaining data and implementing policies and procedures that ensure the security and integrity of the data
- Participates in analysis of AP/AR activities and provides technical advice, as needed
- Conducts research for and internal review of AP/AR related issues
- Develops, prepares and/or assembles reports, charts, and graphs, as required
- Interface with other departments to resolve accounting problems
- Develop and implement new streamlined systems and procedures in order to optimize efficiency and accuracy of work
- Other duties as assigned.
- General schedule is an 8-hour M-F assignment, however, employee must be willing to work alternate schedules occasionally; that may include early mornings, nights, and/or weekends and be punctual while doing so.
- Occasional overnight travel to include flying, driving, riding or by rail.
- Sitting or standing for extended periods of time up to 8-hours.
- Occasional Lifting up to 20 lbs.
- Reading computer screen or other electronic devices.
- Use of various office hand and electrical tools or equipment.
- Integrity & Trust
- Action Oriented
- Decision Quality
- Business Acumen
- Functional/Technical Skills
- Written Communications
- Problem Solving
BACKGROUND / EXPERIENCE:
- Two years of progressively more responsible experience in Accounts Payable, Account Receivable and/or fiscal management
- SAP experience is a plus
- Experience leading and working in a diverse, changing and growing business environment
- Demonstrate knowledge of the theory, methods, principles and practices of accounting management
EDUCATION / KNOWLEDGE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business Administration, or related field
- Understanding of GAAP
- Excellent analytical skills
- Proactive and creative work approach who offers ideas and solutions to problem solving situations and the ability to take ownership of assigned projects
- Self-motivated and directed; ability to work autonomously with minimal supervision
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong Microsoft Office skills
- Strong analytical, organizational and interpersonal skills; attention to detail and accuracy
At Graphic Packaging International (NYSE: GPK), we produce the box you may have poured your child's cereal from this morning, the microwaveable tray that heated your lunch, the paper cup that held your coffee throughout the day, and the carrier of those bottles of craft beer you may enjoy tonight! We're one of the largest manufacturers of paperboard and paper-based packaging for some of the world's most recognized brands of food, beverage, foodservice, household, personal care and pet care products. Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, we are a team of collaborative, innovative, passionate individuals who are committed to providing consumer packaging that makes a world of difference.
With almost 18,000 employees working in more than 70 locations in North and South America, Europe and the Pacific Rim, we strive to be an environmentally responsible leader in our industry and in the communities where we operate. We are committed to workplace diversity and offer compensation and benefits programs that are among the industry's best to reward the talented people who make our company successful.
If this sounds like something you would like to be a part of, we'd love to hear from you. Learn more about us at www.graphicpkg.com.
Inspired Packaging. A World of Difference.
Graphic Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All candidates will be evaluated on the basis of their qualifications for the job in question. We do not base our employment decision on an employee's or applicant's race, color, religion, age, gender or sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic identity, genetic information, disability, veteran/military status or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law. Click here to view the EEO is the Law Poster.
Nearest Major Market: Monroe
Job Segment: Financial, Accounts Payable, Electrical, Financial Analyst, ERP, Finance, Engineering, Technology