To apply, CLICK HERE.
Requisition ID: 10389-159
West Monroe, LA, US, 71294
Category: Accounting and Finance
Travel: Up to 25%
Pay Grade: 91
Position Scope: The Payroll Tax Analyst will streamline process efficiencies, reducing redundancy; and assist with payroll tax research and compliance. The Analyst must be knowledgeable of federal, state and local jurisdictional regulations including tax, audit and reporting requirements. This role will work with adjacent departments to test tax release updates and verify employee taxing jurisdiction set up is correct. Other duties and special projects as assigned.
JOB FUNCTION: Job functions include but are not limited to the following.
- Make recommendations to restructure existing processes and eliminate redundancy
- Investigate and respond to tax authority notices and correspondence in a timely manner
- Learns current legislation and regulatory rulings impacting payroll
- Prepare monthly payroll tax liability reconciliations
- Provide data trends and projections to management as needed
- Perform tax research, analysis and memo documentation as needed
- Ensure all federal, state and local tax deposits and filings are processed accurately and timely
- Create and provide updates to payroll tax documentation
- Balance wages, taxes and pretax deductions for hourly payroll on a weekly basis
- Prepare reconciliations and tax reports to support annual filings and W2 file uploads
- Participate in cross-training opportunities within the Payroll Department
- General schedule is an 8-hour M-F assignment, however, employee must be willing to work alternate schedules occasionally; that may include early mornings, nights, and/or weekends and be punctual while doing so.
- Occasional overnight travel to include flying, driving, riding or by rail.
- Sitting or standing for extended periods of time up to 8-hours.
- Occasional Lifting up to 20 lbs.
- Reading computer screen or other electronic devices.
- Use of various office hand and electrical tools or equipment.
- Integrity & Trust
- Action Oriented
- Developing Direct Reports and Others
- Written Communications
BACKGROUND / EXPERIENCE:
- 3-5 years of payroll tax experience required
- Knowledge of payroll tax laws and regulations
- Payroll experience with filing multi-state taxes
- Experience working in a diverse and dynamic business environment
EDUCATION / KNOWLEDGE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or equivalent experience
- Ability to solve complex multi-state payroll tax issues
- SAP Finance and/or HCM experience a plus
- Flexible and proactive problem solver adept at achieving results in a team-oriented and collaborative environment
- Self-motivated and process improvement oriented
- Robust Excel skills and the ability to learn advanced functions
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Demonstrates the ability to remain organized and multi-task
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Reprioritize assignments with competing deadlines to minimize tax exposure
- Ability to maintain Company and employee confidentiality always and handle sensitive employee information
At Graphic Packaging International (NYSE: GPK), we produce the box you may have poured your child's cereal from this morning, the microwaveable tray that heated your lunch, the paper cup that held your coffee throughout the day, and the carrier of those bottles of craft beer you may enjoy tonight! We're one of the largest manufacturers of paperboard and paper-based packaging for some of the world's most recognized brands of food, beverage, foodservice, household, personal care and pet care products. Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, we are a team of collaborative, innovative, passionate individuals who are committed to providing consumer packaging that makes a world of difference.
With almost 18,000 employees working in more than 70 locations in North and South America, Europe and the Pacific Rim, we strive to be an environmentally responsible leader in our industry and in the communities where we operate. We are committed to workplace diversity and offer compensation and benefits programs that are among the industry's best to reward the talented people who make our company successful.
If this sounds like something you would like to be a part of, we'd love to hear from you. Learn more about us at www.graphicpkg.com.
Inspired Packaging. A World of Difference.
Graphic Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All candidates will be evaluated on the basis of their qualifications for the job in question. We do not base our employment decision on an employee's or applicant's race, color, religion, age, gender or sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic identity, genetic information, disability, veteran/military status or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law. Click here to view the EEO is the Law Poster.
Nearest Major Market: Monroe
Job Segment: Payroll, Electrical, Law, ERP, Compliance, Finance, Engineering, Legal, Technology