To apply, CLICK HERE.
MISSION / SUMMARY:
This is a key paper manufacturing position with management and technical oversight of day to day operations, production improvements, and ensures the operational efficiency and safe operations of the coating and additives department for two large coated unbleached paper machines.
JOB FUNCTION: Job functions include, but are not limited to the following.
- Responsible for the coating operations, lab technicians, ordering materials and unloading operations for all coating and additives materials for # 6 and #7 Paper Machines.
- No. 6 machine is a two ply Fourdrinier 248” (trim 227”) running 1250 fpm with 3 on-line coaters producing 1150 tpd. No. 7 machine is a three ply Fourdrinier 256” (trim 234”) running 1150 fpm with 3 on-line coaters producing 880 tpd.
- Directly supervise approximately 16 unionized shift employees in the daily production of the coating of unbleached Kraft for two large paper machines.
- The candidate will participate in night and weekend call rotations for the machine room and C&A.
- Be an integral part of the operations management team, provide leadership and direction in the machine room.
- Provide Technical expertise in working with Operations; Quality; Customer Services; Sales and Marketing and Customers, as appropriate, on specific performance parameters associated with specific product for both beverage carrier and folding carton grades.
- Oversee and lead the area improvements / optimizations in Safety, Productivity, Quality, Cost, Variation Reduction and Critical to Quality Customer needs.
- Plans and controls production performance against operating targets.
- Provide strong leadership and teamwork to make a quality product while ensuring a safe and efficient operation. Participates with Maintenance / Operations to coordinate maintenance items and assist in planning monthly maintenance items.
BACKGROUND / EXPERIENCE:
- 2-3 years of supervisory experience in manufacturing, preferably paper/pulp industry.
- 5 years paper manufacturing or pulp and paper service industry experience required.
- Coating and additives background a plus.
EDUCATION / KNOWLEDGE:
- Degreed engineer (CE, Pulp and Paper Science, etc.)
- SAP experience preferred.
At Graphic Packaging International (NYSE: GPK), we produce the box you may have poured your child's cereal from this morning, the microwaveable tray that heated your lunch, the paper cup that held your coffee throughout the day, and the carrier of those bottles of craft beer you may enjoy tonight! We're one of the largest manufacturers of paperboard and paper-based packaging for some of the world's most recognized brands of food, beverage, foodservice, household, personal care and pet care products. Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, we are a team of collaborative, innovative, passionate individuals who are committed to providing consumer packaging that makes a world of difference.
With almost 18,000 employees working in more than 70 locations in North and South America, Europe and the Pacific Rim, we strive to be an environmentally responsible leader in our industry and in the communities where we operate. We are committed to workplace diversity and offer compensation and benefits programs that are among the industry's best to reward the talented people who make our company successful.
If this sounds like something you would like to be a part of, we'd love to hear from you. Learn more about us at www.graphicpkg.com.
Inspired Packaging. A World of Difference.
Graphic Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All candidates will be evaluated on the basis of their qualifications for the job in question. We do not base our employment decision on an employee's or applicant's race, color, religion, age, gender or sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic identity, genetic information, disability, veteran/military status or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law. Click here to view the EEO is the Law Poster.
Nearest Major Market: Monroe
Job Segment: Coating, ERP, SAP, Paper, Manufacturing, Technology
Apply now »