To apply, CLICK HERE.
MISSION / SUMMARY:
This position provides technical support and leadership within the department. Develop and implement best practices to improve safety, quality, productivity and cost reduction. Assist in the development of specific performance parameters for paper machine operations.
- Support/lead process improvement projects. Projects involve chemicals, mechanical improvements, support for on chemical trials and investigation of new technologies.
- Under broad supervision, assists in the design of plant equipment and processes for the operation of the paper machine.
- May be required to provide guidance for other engineers and/or provide supervision to hourly employees operating the paper machine.
- Support the mill’s Key Performance Indicators (KPI) management system as required including updating operator rounds, auditing of operations for out of range process variables and working with management and hourly employees to correct out of range KPI’s.
- Drive best practices in safe operations and ensure the safety of all operations, maintenance and staff personnel.
- Needs to be self-starter, be self-directed, take initiative to move forward with ideas, be committed and be able to work with and influence others.
- Work under the direction of Superintendent or Asst. Superintendent to lead activities in determining the efficient and effective use of the full spectrum of the process chemistry to include an evaluation of the economic use of established chemical controls as well as any trial chemistry being evaluated for use.
- Responsible for the monitoring and maintenance of process control instrumentation, sampling and verification of process indication.
- Manage vendor compliance with mill safety rules for storage, inventory and handling.
- Review daily production and quality data, analyzes production and operation issues.
- Assist in the preparation of yearly cost and production budgets.
- Assist key personnel in outage planning and operational scheduling.
- Analyze weekly and monthly process trends
EDUCATION / KNOWLEDGE:
- Bachelor’s Degree - Chemical Engineering, or Pulp & Paper Science, or other engineering discipline
- 0-3 years’ experience in process engineering in the pulp and paper industry.